New Stang, did I get a good deal? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

New Stang, did I get a good deal?

I decided to go to the ford dealer last night to just take a look at their lot. I have been considering buying a new mustang and trading in my focus for a while now. On the lot, I did not see any mustangs I liked so I decided that I would order one. Ended up ordering a DIB v6 Prem coupe, with MCA and Performance package and security package. Price before TTL was $24,559. I talked them into when I take delivery they will give me free tint and a gas card for $50. I think it was a great deal, but what do you guys think?

I did not have to put a deposit down (that was odd to me) so I can decline to buy when its delivered.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Sounds like a good deal to me. Did you get it in writing? Also, (IDK) will you be eligible for any rebates on top of that? She'll be a really great car.

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Sounds like a good deal, congrats!

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangInTexas View Post
Sounds like a good deal to me. Did you get it in writing? Also, (IDK) will you be eligible for any rebates on top of that? She'll be a really great car.
I'm sure that price is inclusive of incentives.

And if he doesn't already have a signed sales contract then he may be unhappy when the car arrives...

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

I did get it in writing actually and they said if any new rebates come up before delivery then they will add them as well. This is my first time ordering a car so it worries me not knowing the exact process of things to come.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Not having it in writing means that the deal is VERY likely to change, and not to your advantage.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2521 View Post
I decided to go to the ford dealer last night to just take a look at their lot. I have been considering buying a new mustang and trading in my focus for a while now. On the lot, I did not see any mustangs I liked so I decided that I would order one. Ended up ordering a DIB v6 Prem coupe, with MCA and Performance package and security package. Price before TTL was $24,559. I talked them into when I take delivery they will give me free tint and a gas card for $50. I think it was a great deal, but what do you guys think?

I did not have to put a deposit down (that was odd to me) so I can decline to buy when its delivered.
If you get it for that price, good deal. When I ordered my 2012 with pony package it was 28,000 and change, up here in Canada.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member

+1 on thinking its a good deal....the wait will seem long but worth it to get what you want.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2521 View Post

Congrats on your new order, dave2521! Be sure to PM me with your dealer’s name and order number so I can track it for you.

Deysha
PONY Member

Good deal. Mine was 30 with similar options. 2012 though. Hids,premium, mca, 3:31, shaker, auto(I have my reasons).

2012 Black MCA, HID package, Steeda splitter, Airaid cold air intake, AM Hood struts, FRPP Sport axle back, Soon : matching lower grille, MMD tailight surrounds and tint.
Rookie

It's a hell of a deal. I probably should've waited to order mine longer as I'm sure Ford wants to sell as many 14's as possible before the big change. Good work. I got Recaro seats instead of the MCA package and still paid like a grand more than you and that was like 4-5 grand under sticker.
PONY Member

Sounds great with those options, just bought a base v6 with tech/snyc package 18,454 + ttl, sounds like you got about the same rebates and discounts per a package.

2014 Black 3.7 6M. 20 inch black bullets, Pypes Axle back, matte black super snake stripes, next up JLT intake.
2011 Mustang 5.0 Race Red. gone and was sick
2011 Mustang 3.7, gone sold 3 times since, that I know of.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Sounds like you done good. Now, you know that if you hang out here you will be making a list of mods to do. Got any in mind already?
Apprentice

That's an awesome deal. Congrats! I paid $23,350 for my v6 Premium Pony Package (really wish I got the PP) 7 months ago. I would have happily paid $1k more for MCA + PP.

Airaid CAI, Roush axle-backs, Roush high flow upper grill, Raxiom Smoked Projector HIDs
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangInTexas View Post
Sounds like you done good. Now, you know that if you hang out here you will be making a list of mods to do. Got any in mind already?
Most likely first mod will be CAI + tune, and then maybe some axle backs. What is a good site for mods?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page