2011 Door Armrest - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

2011 Door Armrest

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone else has an issue with the armrest pad on the door panel separating from the base/door panel.

The armrest pad seems to be a separate part, and it is just separating from the door, no obvious way to get it secured again.

Thanks
Jeff

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkrod View Post
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone else has an issue with the armrest pad on the door panel separating from the base/door panel.

The armrest pad seems to be a separate part, and it is just separating from the door, no obvious way to get it secured again.

Thanks
Jeff
I had this happen to my car within the last month. I brought the car to ford and they replaced the entire door panel under warranty.

Current Mods: 19x8.5 Charcoal AMR Rims, Bama Tune 93H, Airaid CAI, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, FRPP 3.73 gears, Boss/CS/GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Spoiler, GT500 Mud Guards, Raxiom Reverse/License LED Lights, OEM Take off Black Charcoal Leather, GT500 Steering Wheel, Auto Headlights, Chrome 3.7 Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Dark Matter Tint

Future Mods: Matte black GT500 Stripe, Black Billet Grilles, Stillen Front Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, Painted Mirror Caps
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013
MACH I Member

Great. Looks like another thing I have to look forward to!

2018 GT350 - Race red

2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

You're in canada, I see. This probably won't happen to you. The heat down here in the southern US is what started separating the glue on the armrests. I never even used mine, but the black interior just gets so hot.

Current Mods: 19x8.5 Charcoal AMR Rims, Bama Tune 93H, Airaid CAI, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, FRPP 3.73 gears, Boss/CS/GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Spoiler, GT500 Mud Guards, Raxiom Reverse/License LED Lights, OEM Take off Black Charcoal Leather, GT500 Steering Wheel, Auto Headlights, Chrome 3.7 Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Dark Matter Tint

Future Mods: Matte black GT500 Stripe, Black Billet Grilles, Stillen Front Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, Painted Mirror Caps
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013
MACH I Member

It gets pretty hot up here in the summer time as well. But overall I guess we have fewer days that are over 30 C (86 F) than you guys.

At this time of year (and over the next few months) I don't really have to worried about things coming unglued or melting, but the amount of rattles and random interior noise goes up exponentially as the temperature drops.

During winter my car sounds like a 15 year old shitbox.

2018 GT350 - Race red

2012 Mustang GT/CS - Race red - Electronics package - Security package - 3.73 - Steeda shift knob - Steeda shift bracket - ProCal II Tune - GT500 ABs - Shaftmasters DS - Boss 302S Wheels - Build date: February 14th, 2012

2011 Mustang V6 - Pony Package Premium Coupe - Black - Charcoal Leather - Roush Front Fascia - Matte Black Lemans and Hockey Stick Hood Stripes - 6% HP Charcoal Tint - 3.31
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Almost every day the interior of my car is so hot that when I open my door, I can see the heat rippling inside. My interior looks like a mirage for a few minutes, and that's WITH tint and a sunshade. I only ever have covered parking a night.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013
MACH I Member

Wow. Well I guess that probably explains the interior coming unglued lol

2018 GT350 - Race red

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2013
MACH I Member

I know RedLineGoods makes an aftermarket armrest cushion for the Mustangs out of really quality materials (Italian leather, etc.). May be an option for a bit added comfort if this happens to anyone.

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I haven't had any problems with either car ... yet. I just hate when I find out this stuff is happening.

2011 Shelby Convertible w/SVT Performance & Electronics Packages
2011 Shelby GTS V6 Convertible, AT, CAI, Aluminum DS, 3.73, Tune
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkrod View Post
Hi all,

Thanks
Hi wilkrod,

You should have your Ford Dealer check it out. Your service manager is in the best position to let you know if there is work needed, and about coverage you may have for it (warranty, recall, etc.). Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page