Does this only happen to me?? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Does this only happen to me??

Ever since I have purchased my mustang it seems almost every red light or open stretch of road there is someone asking me to race them. I'm not sure if it's because my car is blacked out or just because people think v6 mustangs are easy kills. Just this morning I had to put some little civic si in its place by putting at least 5 cars on him from a stop. This is just an observation I have made since buying my car, just wondering if it's only me or if it happens to others as well. Not complaining about this happening but I just find it interesting.

2012 MCA 6 speed auto.
Mods: JLT CAI,3.73s,BBK TB,lethal x pipe,93 tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013
PONY Member

People definitely want to race more when you have a stang, doesn't matter if its a 6 or 8. Some guy in an SL500 wanted to race me, what a joke haha he failed.
Whenever ricers go by they rev their little engines. I just laugh.

2008 GT Premium white with black leather, 5 speed, California special front end, roush 9 bar black grille, Cervini's 3 inch cowl, JLT 3 CAI and tune, Pypes Bomb axleback and OR/H, runs on E85, Steeda Underdrive Pulleys, Charge motion delete plates, 18 inch TSW Nurburgring, Eibach Sportlines, Blackout turn signals and LED sequentail tail lights, Retro Solutions 55W 6000K HIDs, decklid panel, 15% tint, JVC double din HU, billet interior accessories, white mirror covers, LEDs.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Lol is your mustang stock? This used to happen to me. Since my mods the idle kill of most competitions I would have with imports. Sometimes EVO or STI will try to race me and I'll show them what's up.

A mean exhaust does wonders for stopping unnecessary ricer fly bys/ confrontations.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
Lol is your mustang stock? This used to happen to me. Since my mods the idle kill of most competitions I would have with imports. Sometimes EVO or STI will try to race me and I'll show them what's up.

A mean exhaust does wonders for stopping unnecessary ricer fly bys/ confrontations.

I have 3.73s, JLT CAI, bbk TB, lethal x pipe and a 93 race tune. If I am just crusing along you can't really hear the x pipe but when I step on it the scream is ridiculous. I embarrass 95% of the cars that have run up on me thinking I was stock.

2012 MCA 6 speed auto.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

It really is amazing the type of cars this little v6 can beat with just about 1500 bucks in mods.

2012 MCA 6 speed auto.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Interesting. I never see any of this. Not with me and I don't see others doing it either. I think the cops would have your butt in a sling really fast around here. Of course, there are so many Mustangs around with some middle aged lady driving them, I don't know if anyone pays attention to them.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013
PONY Member

Only a few people try and race me but I get a lot of ricers and other cars revving their engines at me. The other week there was a 350z that had a completely stock exhaust continually revving his engine at me like he was trying to intimidate me or something. Needless to say he stop revving his engine and rolled up his windows when I demonstrated that my pype bombs are much louder than his car.

Other than that most people just leave me alone and I'm guessing its that most people cant tell the difference between the V6 and V8 without being told which one it is.

2011 Race Red GT/CS: current
MGW race spec shifter, Borla ATAK axle backs w/ resonator deletes, Boss Intake Manifold w/ Steeda CAI, stainless power longtube headers, driveshaft shop carbon fiber drive shaft, ACT twin disc clutch.

2014 Race Red V6: sold
Airaid Cold Air Intake, pype bomb axle backs, bama 91p tune, ford racing 3.73 gears, Barton short throw shifter, Mac ceramic shorty headers.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013
PONY Member

I drive aggressively nearly 100% of the time. If someone tries to keep up, that is their problem.

2012 V6 Base. 6-speed. 3.31. Roush Wheel Hop Kit. BMR 38mm Front Swaybar. Camber Modded Koni Yellow Struts. Linear Steeda Sport Springs. J&M Camber Plates. J&M Panhard Bar. Airaid Intake. 93R Bama Tune. BBK Ceramic Shorties. Carbon Fiber Trac-Lok w/ Finned Cover. Hawk SR pads. GT Rotors. Spec Al Flywheel & Stage I Clutch, 18x10.5 ET38 Enkei PF01 Wheels. 285 30 R18 RE-71r tires. Boss 302 Radiator.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013
RonX91

I too have the blacked out look, though I don't really get many people trying to race me. Probably scared. :yelpleased:

Take it as a compliment and enjoy it.
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangInTexas View Post
Interesting. I never see any of this. Not with me and I don't see others doing it either. I think the cops would have your butt in a sling really fast around here. Of course, there are so many Mustangs around with some middle aged lady driving them, I don't know if anyone pays attention to them.
This +1

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
Apprentice

Quote:
Come down to Travis County and it's a little different story. I get my share of doofuses wanting to race. Willco won't tolerate that as you know. I was test driving a Mustang at the Ford dealer in Georgetown and the saleman told me to have at it and do what I wanted. I looked at him and asked how long he has lived here because he was clearly not aware of how law enforcement is in that county. He had just moved here like 2 weeks prior, haha.

2013 V6 Base Coupe - Performance and Tech Packages - Ingot Silver

Bama Tuned with Airaid CAI - GT front brake upgrade - More to come.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

So true. You don't want to get busted in Wilco... for anything. Actually, I was talking more about Austin. I don't see any racing between anyone. But than again, you can't race on MoPac in rush hour. roadrage.gif
MACH I Member

Quote:
So true. You don't want to get busted in Wilco... for anything. Actually, I was talking more about Austin. I don't see any racing between anyone. But than again, you can't race on MoPac in rush hour. roadrage.gif
That's cause Austin is full of hipsters that would rather ride a Schwinn than race a car.

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
Apprentice

I rev when in the company of a performance car. Not to race but to say hey. Kind of a universal hello.

11 AT 3.7 BBK ceramic LT. ORX w/res. Borla S. BBK TB. Roush CAI. Bama 93R. 2:73 candy red w/black. Saddle int.
14 MT82 3.7 Performance Package GHIG 3.31gear. Stock.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed racer View Post
I rev when in the company of a performance car. Not to race but to say hey. Kind of a universal hello.
In the case with the 350z his passenger was kind enough to give me another universal hello with his hand, I just thought it was funny.

2011 Race Red GT/CS: current
MGW race spec shifter, Borla ATAK axle backs w/ resonator deletes, Boss Intake Manifold w/ Steeda CAI, stainless power longtube headers, driveshaft shop carbon fiber drive shaft, ACT twin disc clutch.

2014 Race Red V6: sold
Airaid Cold Air Intake, pype bomb axle backs, bama 91p tune, ford racing 3.73 gears, Barton short throw shifter, Mac ceramic shorty headers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page