Can't spin the tires? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Can't spin the tires?

Figured it was about time to smoke the tires

Turned traction control off, foot on the brake, ready to make smoke....um yeah, not happening.

Car revs to 1900 rpm and just sits there. From what I've read the car sees you trying to brake and kills the accelerator. Ok, whatever safety thing I guess, but theres no way to turn that off? Supposedly turning off tc should fix the issue, but it doesn't.

Not looking for the usual "should of bought a GT" deal, it's not a performance issue, the computer is shutting things down. Is there a way to get around that?

2013 Red Candy Metallic V6 Convertible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

You have a 2013+? If so you can't do a burnout because the computer is limiting it and the only way to take that off is to get a tune.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Did you turn off all the traction control and the esc?

You have to hold the button down for more than 5 seconds to turn it all off.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013
Apprentice

If you don't have a tune to disable that system it won't spin no matter what you turn off unless its a manual.

11 AT 3.7 BBK ceramic LT. ORX w/res. Borla S. BBK TB. Roush CAI. Bama 93R. 2:73 candy red w/black. Saddle int.
14 MT82 3.7 Performance Package GHIG 3.31gear. Stock.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013
GT Member

One word - gears. I put 3.73's in mine, and I can sit there smoking the tires for as long as I want. BTW, the computer won't let you power-brake, and that's why you need the gear change if wasting rubber is your goal.

Sent from my toilet with Crapatalk v2
---------------------------------------------------------------

427w, Tremec Magnum XL, 3.73
Too many mods to list - go here: paddedwall.org/2012mustang/Default.aspx
(Intentionally pissing off badge Nazis everywhere)
Engine swap by Two Ten Performance (twotenperformance.com) in San Antonio
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013
PONY Member

The 13 and 14 automatics have an aggressive brake over ride system for the throttle. They can't do brake stand burnouts unless you get a tune with this feature turned off. I think its all from the Toyota's going down the interstate unable to stop when the brakes are applied

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013
Apprentice

2.73 in my wife's 11. It will smoke um upon request with ease. It can lay 20 ft. without ever using brake. The power of a good tune. roadrage.gif

11 AT 3.7 BBK ceramic LT. ORX w/res. Borla S. BBK TB. Roush CAI. Bama 93R. 2:73 candy red w/black. Saddle int.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed racer View Post
2.73 in my wife's 11. It will smoke um upon request with ease. It can lay 20 ft. without ever using brake. The power of a good tune. roadrage.gif
20 ft of rubber with 2.73's off idle? WOW!

Current Mods: 19x8.5 Charcoal AMR Rims, Bama Tune 93H, Airaid CAI, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, FRPP 3.73 gears, Boss/CS/GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Spoiler, GT500 Mud Guards, Raxiom Reverse/License LED Lights, OEM Take off Black Charcoal Leather, GT500 Steering Wheel, Auto Headlights, Chrome 3.7 Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Dark Matter Tint

Future Mods: Matte black GT500 Stripe, Black Billet Grilles, Stillen Front Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, Painted Mirror Caps
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013
MACH I Member

Quote:
Mine will do it up till about halfway through second gear. Thanks to a third pedal lol.

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
MACH I Member

Quote:
Work that gas pedal and it should do it quite a bit farther if you can keep it from upshifting

| 2012 | Base | Performance White | 3.7 | MT82 | 2.73 | FRPP Sport Axlebacks | BMR lcas on the way
Apprentice

Yes. A good power brake to get rpm's up and let her rip will double that length. ( when the tune is feeling good) It has its moments when it's not on top of its game and won't spin without using brake. Kinda funny like that.

Apprentice

Getting a tune and 3.73s will help you out a ton. I have both and it's relitivly easy for me to leave some rubber on the ground with my automatic.

2012 MCA 6 speed auto.
Mods: JLT CAI,3.73s,BBK TB,lethal x pipe,93 tune
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Yes. A good power brake to get rpm's up and let her rip will double that length. ( when the tune is feeling good) It has its moments when it's not on top of its game and won't spin without using brake. Kinda funny like that.
Lol it's not about the tune feeling good. Your probably on a slippery surface

1st Time at the 1/4 Mile Best E.T out of 4 passes (Without Ported Intake Manifold):
Uncorrected 2500DA [email protected] MPH w/ a 2.17 60".Corrected [email protected] MPH
Ford Racing 4.10 Gears/ Borla S Type Axleback/BBK Chrome Equal Length Shorties/Lethal Performance Catless H Pipe/JLT CAI/Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifolds/Steeda 91 Octane Tune/ SR Springs
Apprentice

I agree, surface has a lot to do with breaking the tires loose. But my engine seems to run funny at times. Some times it idles ruff and low. When it does this it will break up at high rpm. Already data logged with BAMA. Helped but still occasional problem.

BOSS Member
S197 Member

My 2012 automatic with 3:31 gears wouldn't spin tires with out brake torqueing even with a tune. But now that the BBK longtubes, BBK throttle body and Dynotech driveshaft are on, if you stab the throttle from a stop it will burn the tires pretty good, if that's what you want to do. And I have to be careful now changing lanes as too much throttle will put the car sideways in a hurry.
Spinning tires can me fun, but Im running the Brembo wheels and tires on my 2012 V6 off the 2011 GT. And when I consider the cost of those tires, I try by best not to get on it at stops. Don't think Im not tempted though.

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page