gt500 struts and sr performance springs? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

gt500 struts and sr performance springs?

there was a guy with this setup and for the life of me google hates me today. hell even bing hates me today.

theres a guy on here with that setup right? i wanna read his feedback.

2013 Performance Pack, MCA, Leather Recaro's, NAV
Steeda Cold Air Intake | BBK Throttle Body | Steeda Shifter Bracket | Whiteline Transmission Mount | Magnaflow Street Catback Exhaust | Tuning Super Store Tuned on a Diablosport Intune i1000 | Eibach Sportline Springs | Koni Sport Dampers (Yellow) | Whiteline Lower Control Arms

Team Magnaflow | Team Road Race Motorsports
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013
PONY Member

my own experience with GT500 Shocks & Struts (2010 parts) with Steeda Sport springs is that the car is too light for those dampers. I have a Pony Package V6 and it was fun to drive on the track, but the stiff dampers made the whole suspension rattle on less than perfect roads. I would expect about the same with SR springs. I am now running Kony Yellows on all four corners with Steeda Sport in the front and Route 66 55D rear springs and it is a lot more comfortable with a more controlled and sporty ride than stock.

My GT500 shocks and struts are for sale btw, but only locally

Canadian 2012 V6, MT, Perf.White Pony Package (3.31 gears). Koni Sport Shocks & Struts. Steeda Sport Springs w/HD Mounts, Route 66 SpeedShop 55D rear spring kit. Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace. BMR Adj PHB. BFG G-Force Sport Comp2. Pioneer TS-D6802R Front SPeakers, Clarion 80W/Ch Amp. JL Audio 8 Inch Sub And 175W Amp. GT500 Steering Wheel. 2012+ Tilting Headrests
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013
Apprentice

I run SR springs and the performance pack shocks and struts. Believe it or not, the car actually rides smoother, not as jarring as it was with the higher ride height and PP springs.
I also did not need an adjustable panhard bar, the front/back alignment, toe in and camber were all good, within spec.
Just keep in mind I have the full performance pack upgrade on my car, so the upgraded suspension components might have contributed to not needing things when lowered.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013
PONY Member

I installed the SR springs on my car this summer, with about 8K miles on it. Stayed with the stock struts/shocks. As SouthernCyclone noted, I think the ride is better than with the oem springs. Body control is much better - less nose dive with harder braking, less squat with hard acceleration and a less "hobby horse" feel on less than smooth roads. It's a firm but very smooth and controlled ride.

'14 V6 Prem. 6 speed Perf. Pkg. Oxford White/Saddle
Mods in profile
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013
Site Sponsor

We've experienced similar results as SouthernCyclone and HowellDoug with our AM company cars and employee cars. I gotta say, the SR springs are one of the smoothest lowering springs I've experienced when paired with stock dampeners. I was quiet surprised the first time I drove our 2011 GT with the SR springs!

Handling is much improved over the stock springs, too. I wouldn't say it's as superior as a top notch suspension company like Steeda or Eibach, but they blow the stock springs out of the water!

Hope this feedback helps you out! Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page