Another suspension thread for 2013 V6 mustang - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonFyre View Post
WhiteLine makes some nice sway bars. Their bushings are pretty nice (no maintenance, low noise). They are a little pricey though.

BMR and Steeda are some other options.
What about eibach?? Always hearing good things about them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivix View Post
stock struts are a giant turd sandwich IMO. way too weak, even for a stock setup.

Love my Koni yellows
I agree 100%! (I'm running the Yellows too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceRedSixxer View Post
Thanks for the input everyone. I was doing some research and found that anti-sway bars and a tower brace will pretty much improve handling while keeping the stock ride. Came to the conclusion that Ill change suspension later on, when the funds are available. So any suggestions on the best anti-sway bars??
I can't say that you'll notice any difference at all from the strut tower brace. I do like my upgraded swaybars though.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharad View Post
I agree 100%! (I'm running the Yellows too)

I can't say that you'll notice any difference at all from the strut tower brace. I do like my upgraded swaybars though.
What sway bars are you using??

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
What sway bars are you using??
I'm currently on Steeda adjustable bars, but I just bought these Eibach bars last week. Can't wait to install them!

2011-2012 Ford Mustang Anti-Roll Sway Bar Kit 35125.320 - UPR Products

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharad View Post
I'm currently on Steeda adjustable bars, but I just bought these Eibach bars last week. Can't wait to install them!

2011-2012 Ford Mustang Anti-Roll Sway Bar Kit 35125.320 - UPR Products
1. the eibachs made it handle flat as anything... blew out a rear bushing on the bar but i think install error.

2. the whole stiffer will make ride quality worse is sort of not true. Look up Xida club sports miata... they typically run 700/400 inch lb springs and the ride is MUCH better then stock. Reason being the shock is matched to the spring... again those are 2k coil overs.
I am still in the process of learning suspension geometry and shock dynos and such... but I would seriously look into a matching set up.

If you want to get real serious some koni yellows and ground control sleeves (for corner weighting) and matched springs will help.
I am not sure on mustang geometry and can only speak for miata stuff. I would talk to a sharad or someone who specializes in mustang suspension (sadly I dont think AM qualifies). And races it.

2012 v6 6MT: 32kmiles
Current: Air Raid CAI, Diablosport intune, FRPP sport axle backs, Strut tower brace, 3.7 emblems, eibach adjustable sway bars, J&M lower control arms, 3.55 frpp gears, axle exchange aluminum drive shaft, 19 inch BBP wheel set up
wants:no more issues
2002 mazda miata 5MT "track rat
Future" Custom valved and springs Fat cat motorsports, 9LB wheels, toyo proxxs r888, turbo pushing 250whp, sparco seats, custom roll bar
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangkid9234 View Post
1. the eibachs made it handle flat as anything... blew out a rear bushing on the bar but i think install error.

2. the whole stiffer will make ride quality worse is sort of not true. Look up Xida club sports miata... they typically run 700/400 inch lb springs and the ride is MUCH better then stock. Reason being the shock is matched to the spring... again those are 2k coil overs.
I am still in the process of learning suspension geometry and shock dynos and such... but I would seriously look into a matching set up.

If you want to get real serious some koni yellows and ground control sleeves (for corner weighting) and matched springs will help.
I am not sure on mustang geometry and can only speak for miata stuff. I would talk to a sharad or someone who specializes in mustang suspension (sadly I dont think AM qualifies). And races it.
Mustangkid, I see you have the eibach adjustable sway bar kit. What's the difference from those and the fixed kit, like the purpose of adjustability? On AM, they sell the fixed one for more, yet it seems the adjustable ones offer more for a cheaper price. Also where can you find the adjustable ones because it's always sold out on AM.
PONY Member

Link to a Black Friday special for GT500KR suspesion package.

05-14 MUSTANG GT (GT500 KR) ASSEMBLED SUSPENSION PACKAGE *IMPROVE HANDLING!*

2008 Bullitt|Roush M90 w/2.57 pulley & CAI; 90mm MAF; Steeda-UCA, LCAs, Ultralites, links, mounts; MM CC plates; Bilsteins; GT500 FCAs; Brembos; Roush shifter; GT500KR axle back; etc
1969 Coupe Restomod-never complete!
2008 Power Wheels Bullitt Clone
Mustangs from the past: 66 coupe, 69 Coupe, 69 Grande, 2001 Bullitt, 2011 V6
Rookie

FYI in case getting rid of the 4x4 gap is part of your goals, i dont think a 1" drop will do it

Im aiming for the eibach sport-system-plus, should leave a 1.25" gap all around afterwards

getting that, gt500 mounts, steeda PHB, & boss 302 strut brace
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunnerx7 View Post
FYI in case getting rid of the 4x4 gap is part of your goals, i dont think a 1" drop will do it

Im aiming for the eibach sport-system-plus, should leave a 1.25" gap all around afterwards

getting that, gt500 mounts, steeda PHB, & boss 302 strut brace
Nah, i decided to drop my car later on. For now, i just want a little stability. That boss 302 strut brace and the eibach sway bars. Little by little lol
PONY Member

Quote:
Nah, i decided to drop my car later on. For now, i just want a little stability. That boss 302 strut brace and the eibach sway bars. Little by little lol
the Boss 302 Strut Brace is $99.99 at CJ Pony Parts, better get it now at that price.

Canadian 2012 V6, MT, Perf.White Pony Package (3.31 gears). Koni Sport Shocks & Struts. Steeda Sport Springs w/HD Mounts, Route 66 SpeedShop 55D rear spring kit. Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace. BMR Adj PHB. BFG G-Force Sport Comp2. Pioneer TS-D6802R Front SPeakers, Clarion 80W/Ch Amp. JL Audio 8 Inch Sub And 175W Amp. GT500 Steering Wheel. 2012+ Tilting Headrests
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulozzz View Post
the Boss 302 Strut Brace is $99.99 at CJ Pony Parts, better get it now at that price.
Ha! I just bought that. Too good of a deal to pass up and the free shipping is always nice.

2008 Bullitt|Roush M90 w/2.57 pulley & CAI; 90mm MAF; Steeda-UCA, LCAs, Ultralites, links, mounts; MM CC plates; Bilsteins; GT500 FCAs; Brembos; Roush shifter; GT500KR axle back; etc
1969 Coupe Restomod-never complete!
2008 Power Wheels Bullitt Clone
Mustangs from the past: 66 coupe, 69 Coupe, 69 Grande, 2001 Bullitt, 2011 V6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page