Another suspension thread for 2013 V6 mustang - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Another suspension thread for 2013 V6 mustang

Hey everyone,

I wanted some input and/or suggestions on suspension for a 2013 v6 mustang.
Now, my mustang is my daily driver and i don't plan on auto crossing or drag racing it. I would just like better handling and not sacrifice ride quality. Kinda came up with a list based on the Ford Racing Handling Pack for V6 (pretty pricey)

Gt500 struts and shocks
Ford Racing k-springs (just want a 1" drop nothing more)
Ford Racing sway bar kit
and the other little things I might need. And does this all fit on the V6??

Any input is welcomed, I'm a bit clueless when it comes to suspension.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Those mods will make it handle better, but ride quality will diminish.

Where in South Florida are you? I'm in Fort Myers, but I drive to West Palm quite a bit. I can take you for a spin in my '11 Mustang to give you a feel for what upgraded suspension is like.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharad View Post
Those mods will make it handle better, but ride quality will diminish.

Where in South Florida are you? I'm in Fort Myers, but I drive to West Palm quite a bit. I can take you for a spin in my '11 Mustang to give you a feel for what upgraded suspension is like.
How much will it diminish? Is it because I'll be lowering it or the parts used? And I'm down in Miami.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013
Apprentice

Where in miami are you I was planning on lowering soon but don't want to ruin my ride for daily driving.

2012 MCA 6 speed auto.
Mods: JLT CAI,3.73s,BBK TB,lethal x pipe,93 tune
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceRedSixxer View Post
How much will it diminish? Is it because I'll be lowering it or the parts used? And I'm down in Miami.
It's because you're making everything stiffer
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpaac View Post
Where in miami are you I was planning on lowering soon but don't want to ruin my ride for daily driving.
Dade county. Shoot me a pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandoTheKing View Post
Rando, quick question. I know the shocks and struts for the gt500 are made for the weight of the gt500. But don't you think with lowering springs, it'll sort of balance out?? I'm trying to at least get similar ride quality. Down here, there are some roads that you feel everything with stock.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Nevermind, I got it, still learning all this stuff. What alternatives would you recommend?
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013
PONY Member

Eh I'm not sure I haven't looked into the aftermarket suspension stuff yet, but I do understand the concept of better handling vs ride quality. It's hard to get both. They are usually trade offs
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Eh I'm not sure I haven't looked into the aftermarket suspension stuff yet, but I do understand the concept of better handling vs ride quality. It's hard to get both. They are usually trade offs
I figured as much. I've been doing some research and is it recommended to just get the springs?? I read somewhere that after a while the stock struts and shocks "fall apart" when using aftermarket springs.
PONY Member

Quote:
I figured as much. I've been doing some research and is it recommended to just get the springs?? I read somewhere that after a while the stock struts and shocks "fall apart" when using aftermarket springs.
one important question here: are you doing the job or paying a tech for installation?
If you are paying, you will save money by replacing the dampers and springs at ounce

Canadian 2012 V6, MT, Perf.White Pony Package (3.31 gears). Koni Sport Shocks & Struts. Steeda Sport Springs w/HD Mounts, Route 66 SpeedShop 55D rear spring kit. Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace. BMR Adj PHB. BFG G-Force Sport Comp2. Pioneer TS-D6802R Front SPeakers, Clarion 80W/Ch Amp. JL Audio 8 Inch Sub And 175W Amp. GT500 Steering Wheel. 2012+ Tilting Headrests
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
stock struts are a giant turd sandwich IMO. way too weak, even for a stock setup.

Love my Koni yellows

==2012 Kona Blue Mustang V6==
==1995 Neon Coupe==
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the input everyone. I was doing some research and found that anti-sway bars and a tower brace will pretty much improve handling while keeping the stock ride. Came to the conclusion that Ill change suspension later on, when the funds are available. So any suggestions on the best anti-sway bars??
PONY Member

We all know you have a 2013 V6 and are probably all assuming this is a base model..... but, is it base? premium? Performance Package?

Canadian 2012 V6, MT, Perf.White Pony Package (3.31 gears). Koni Sport Shocks & Struts. Steeda Sport Springs w/HD Mounts, Route 66 SpeedShop 55D rear spring kit. Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace. BMR Adj PHB. BFG G-Force Sport Comp2. Pioneer TS-D6802R Front SPeakers, Clarion 80W/Ch Amp. JL Audio 8 Inch Sub And 175W Amp. GT500 Steering Wheel. 2012+ Tilting Headrests
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulozzz View Post
We all know you have a 2013 V6 and are probably all assuming this is a base model..... but, is it base? premium? Performance Package?
Straight up base model
Apprentice

WhiteLine makes some nice sway bars. Their bushings are pretty nice (no maintenance, low noise). They are a little pricey though.

BMR and Steeda are some other options.

2011 Mustang V6 MCA PP Manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page