lowering 2012 v6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

lowering 2012 v6

i have a 2012 v6 mustang base that im wanting to get lower to the ground. I already have eibach sportline lowering springs on it. My question is, is there any way that i could lower it more without doing anything major like coilovers or airbags? nothing really comes to mind that seems logical but i figured i would see if anyone has come up with anything. its just not low enough

2012 v6 mustang base grabber blue auto
Performance: bbk lt headers, bbk o/r midpipe, thrush turbo mufflers, MPT 93r tune, airaid CAI, 3.73 FR gears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013
GT Member

How low do you want it???? My 99 Saleen is 4" from the ground and I have plenty of clearance issues. I can't imagine anything lower than 4"

a man's most expensive hobby started with a 97 cent hotwheels

1999 saleen s281sc vert 11k miles #261/421 built 1/170 vert 1/10 exact combo
2000 Roush v6 sport 78k miles
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newponyboy04 View Post
How low do you want it???? My 99 Saleen is 4" from the ground and I have plenty of clearance issues. I can't imagine anything lower than 4"
as low as i can possibly get without having to spend 2 grand on airbags

Performance: bbk lt headers, bbk o/r midpipe, thrush turbo mufflers, MPT 93r tune, airaid CAI, 3.73 FR gears

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnclutch View Post
as low as i can possibly get without having to spend 2 grand on airbags
i think SR springs are lower

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

air ride or coilovers

==2012 Kona Blue Mustang V6==
==1995 Neon Coupe==
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013
Apprentice

Once you pass a certain threshold on ride height you have to start doing other things or else the suspension geometry will be f'd up. Stuff like adjustable upper control arm, camber plates and ect. Even with the camber plates these cars if to low will wear out the inside of the front tires very quickly. You can't cut a progressive rate spring or else I would suggest that.

2013 Grabber Blue Premium Couple, Auto, FRPP N Springs, FRPP Dampeners, Lund Tune
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

We have our Extreme springs that should be a bit lower, but not much. Truth is I would only recommend them for a car you don't plan to drive, lowering that far really hurts the handling and ride quality of a street car. Not to mention clearance issues

The artist formerly known as SteedaMatt.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

H&R supersport springs are lower than the sport lines on our cars. If you want to go lower without bags or coil overs i think thats they only option you have.

Well, you could run a smaller sidewall tire and effectively lower the car by have a smaller tire.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

from owning a miata i learned a lot about suspension. I would really look into coil overs if you want low. The problem is bottoming out the shock. Compression and rebound with new springs. Do you want low or do you want low that you can drive with out putting your spine through your head

2012 v6 6MT: 32kmiles
Current: Air Raid CAI, Diablosport intune, FRPP sport axle backs, Strut tower brace, 3.7 emblems, eibach adjustable sway bars, J&M lower control arms, 3.55 frpp gears, axle exchange aluminum drive shaft, 19 inch BBP wheel set up
wants:no more issues
2002 mazda miata 5MT "track rat
Future" Custom valved and springs Fat cat motorsports, 9LB wheels, toyo proxxs r888, turbo pushing 250whp, sparco seats, custom roll bar
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

as far as tires go, im running and 245/35/20 in the front and a 285/35/20 in the rear. i went with the 20s just to minimize wheel gap. i hate the way they send these things sitting like a 4wd from the factory. I'm only running sportline springs all the way around with no camber plates or anything and i have some camber in the front but the tires do not look affected by it yet, then again they are only a month old.

I really don't know what im going to do. I guess either get coilovers or a different car. I know that sounds a little extreme.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page