To those with Raxioms and DDM HIDs - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

To those with Raxioms and DDM HIDs

I just have a question. Where did you put the ballasts after the install? I'm thinking on getting an DDM HID kit to increase the light output.

2011 V6 Black Mustang Automatic: Magnaflow Competition Series Cat-Back Exhaust, Airaid Cold Air Intake, Raxiom Smoked Projector Headlights, Raxiom Smoked Aero Tail Lights, 93H-R3.1 Bama tune, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnxboyxjoe View Post
I just have a question. Where did you put the ballasts after the install? I'm thinking on getting an DDM HID kit to increase the light output.
I zip tied the DDM harness right to the factory set up! The fitment and looks of the Raxiom headlights is perfect, but the light output isn't amazing. Paired together with the DDM HID's, I love my set up!

Here's a picture for you. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Nice! Is there a pic if the driver side too? Thanks for the quick response!

2011 V6 Black Mustang Automatic: Magnaflow Competition Series Cat-Back Exhaust, Airaid Cold Air Intake, Raxiom Smoked Projector Headlights, Raxiom Smoked Aero Tail Lights, 93H-R3.1 Bama tune, BBK Long Tube Headers, BBK Catted X Pipe

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013
GT Member

i put mine under the fuse box on the fender well and under my airaid on the the fenderwell... both sides are in the same spot on each side. i used double sided 3m tape to hold it on.. they are really hard to get off now so dont use to much tape

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks for the help! I got another question for you guys. Is there a specific install guide for the front bumper side marker light bulbs? I got some leds out in but after a little while of driving they either flicker or have only 3 of the 6 leds on. So I was thinking maybe I'm not pushing the leds down into the connector or the bulbs are just really bad, but before I rule the bulbs bad I wanted to see if there was anything I could use to read and see if I installed them wrong.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnxboyxjoe View Post
Thanks for the help! I got another question for you guys. Is there a specific install guide for the front bumper side marker light bulbs? I got some leds out in but after a little while of driving they either flicker or have only 3 of the 6 leds on. So I was thinking maybe I'm not pushing the leds down into the connector or the bulbs are just really bad, but before I rule the bulbs bad I wanted to see if there was anything I could use to read and see if I installed them wrong.
Try some bulb grease in the connections. And push them in all the way until i know they are in. Otherwise u have a bad bulb.

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page