looking for white hallogen bulb - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

looking for white hallogen bulb

Is there any halogen bulb that gives off a nice white finish, I have burnt up my second set of hid's in less than 2 years.lol

So far I have 3.73 gears, custom pypes exhaust, air raid cai, ddm hid, jlt lower control arms, Bama 93r tune, sway bars, lowering springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013
Global Moderator
Mustang II Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to heavy metal
Have you tried Diode Dynamics on here?I am sure they can help you.

Cherish those around you,for at the blink
of an eye,they can be gone.

AFM GLOBAL MODERATOR
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013
GT Member

you wont find a white one. you can get kinda close but you wont find one like youre wanting. try retrosolutions for an hid kit. i havent ever had a bulb burn out. Ive had a resistor go out and they sent me a new one. but no bulb problems

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013
Sav
Apprentice

I just ordered a set of Philips X-Treme Power bulbs for my car. I haven't received them yet, but based off of others reviews, they should be a noticeable upgrade over stock and in terms of lumen output, are pretty close to that of HIDs. I think they're something like the 2nd brightest halogen bulbs you can buy. The first are supposedly the Philips HIR2s or something along those lines, but I wasn't able to find any for our H13/9008 setup. In terms of a "white halogen" bulb, check out the Sylvania Ultrastars. They should be a bit better than our OEM halogens and the bulbs do have a blue tint to them which does give them that white HID appearance, however, the blue tinting does reduce output slightly.

I did previously have an HID kit installed, and while the output and look was great (incredible actually), you couldn't deny the obvious glare they produced. I tried different solutions to remedy the glare, but in the end, I went back to stock. I I didn't want to be "that guy" with the obnoxious lights. One of the first things my friend said was, "oh hey look, Sav got ********* lights." Now that my stock bulbs are a few years old, I'm looking forward to the Philips I have coming. Hope this helps.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium Coupe MCA - Performance White/Charcoal Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page