Diablo inTune i1000 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Diablo inTune i1000

Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has tried out the i1000. Is there any difference between the Bama tuner and this one? Also, say the down the line I want to try a different company's tunes (steeda, mpt, etc.), will this tuner be able to use them? Thanks for your help!!

13 Mustang V6 - GHIG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013
Sean Reilly

Exclamation

Hello Bryan, The "New" Diablosport i1000 has had some Great Reviews (From what I have Read) , Now I myself happen to favor the SCT Company over Diablosport, as far as the actual "Hardware" is concerned.....
Now this is NOT to say that One Handheld Company is Better than the Other, as its just My Preference!
Now as far as "Bama" is concerned, they don't actually Build Handheld Tuners (They Do Happen to Print Their Name on Tuners though) But Bama is just part of the company "American Muscle" that Writes the "Tunes" that is then Loaded into Either a Diablosport or an SCT Tuning Device.....
Now as far as using a "Bama" labeled Handheld Device down the road, as far as Switching to Another Tuning Co. The Answer is YES, As long as you Revert your Car back to its Stock Tune (The Stock Tune remains Locked inside the Tuner) After reverting back to Stock configuration (Uploading the Stock Tune from the Handheld) You can then go and Buy a Tune from whoever you choose, i.e. Steeda, Brenspeed, BBR etc.

Now being that these Newer Tuners now hold up to 10 Seperate Tunes, I have heard of People Actually Having Multiple Tunes from 3 Different Tuning Companies!.....Would I Recommend This NO! As I think that you should Only Keep Tunes From one Tuning company Loaded into your Handheld at a Time.....But Im no expert, I just feel that you Work with only 1 Tuning company at a Time......Then, if you do decide to Switch Tune writers, I would Empty the other tunes (Of coarse you Keep that Companies Tune Files on your Computer) Before Loading Another Tune writers Files onto your Device.... But again this is just My thoughts....Keep in mind! If you do decide to order a Device through AM (Bama) Once you switch to Another Tuners Files, You will Lose Any Tune Powertrain Warranty (#8 Cylinder Protection For the Coyote Motored Stangs.) that Some of the Tuning companies Provide with Their Tunes!
As Far as Ordering the Actual Handheld Device, You just cant beat AM "Bama" as far as Price and Customer Service They Actually Write some Darn Good Tunes to Boot!.

Sean.

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member

The inTune has lots of neat features that the sct X3 doesn't have, like having live gauge readouts, easier data logging, it's lots smaller too, about the size of a Iphone 4 so you can use a dash mount with it.

Only thing about switching to other tuners around is that not all of them support diablosport.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013
BOSS Member

Well I couldn't have said it better myself! These guys explained the I1000 really well and definitely painted a pretty good picture. The device is very cool but it really depends on your goals. If you're just going to tune the car and put the device away, then the SCT SF3 is for you! However, if you're going to play with all the advanced settings then you may want to go with the I1000.

Let us know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013
PONY Member

im running the i1000 and am even running their default 91 tune.

its a SOLID tune, hell, I even sent them datalogs to make sure I was getting the most of it (I am).

best purchase ive made so far. their support forums ROCK as well. hell, I got support from them on veterans day in under an hour.

2013 Performance Pack, MCA, Leather Recaro's, NAV
Steeda Cold Air Intake | BBK Throttle Body | Steeda Shifter Bracket | Whiteline Transmission Mount | Magnaflow Street Catback Exhaust | Tuning Super Store Tuned on a Diablosport Intune i1000 | Eibach Sportline Springs | Koni Sport Dampers (Yellow) | Whiteline Lower Control Arms

Team Magnaflow | Team Road Race Motorsports
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Reilly View Post
Hello Bryan, The "New" Diablosport i1000 has had some Great Reviews (From what I have Read) , Now I myself happen to favor the SCT Company over Diablosport, as far as the actual "Hardware" is concerned.....
Now this is NOT to say that One Handheld Company is Better than the Other, as its just My Preference!
Now as far as "Bama" is concerned, they don't actually Build Handheld Tuners (They Do Happen to Print Their Name on Tuners though) But Bama is just part of the company "American Muscle" that Writes the "Tunes" that is then Loaded into Either a Diablosport or an SCT Tuning Device.....
Now as far as using a "Bama" labeled Handheld Device down the road, as far as Switching to Another Tuning Co. The Answer is YES, As long as you Revert your Car back to its Stock Tune (The Stock Tune remains Locked inside the Tuner) After reverting back to Stock configuration (Uploading the Stock Tune from the Handheld) You can then go and Buy a Tune from whoever you choose, i.e. Steeda, Brenspeed, BBR etc.

Now being that these Newer Tuners now hold up to 10 Seperate Tunes, I have heard of People Actually Having Multiple Tunes from 3 Different Tuning Companies!.....Would I Recommend This NO! As I think that you should Only Keep Tunes From one Tuning company Loaded into your Handheld at a Time.....But Im no expert, I just feel that you Work with only 1 Tuning company at a Time......Then, if you do decide to Switch Tune writers, I would Empty the other tunes (Of coarse you Keep that Companies Tune Files on your Computer) Before Loading Another Tune writers Files onto your Device.... But again this is just My thoughts....Keep in mind! If you do decide to order a Device through AM (Bama) Once you switch to Another Tuners Files, You will Lose Any Tune Powertrain Warranty (#8 Cylinder Protection For the Coyote Motored Stangs.) that Some of the Tuning companies Provide with Their Tunes!
As Far as Ordering the Actual Handheld Device, You just cant beat AM "Bama" as far as Price and Customer Service They Actually Write some Darn Good Tunes to Boot!.

Sean.
Whoa that's awesome!!! Thanks for all the info! Pretty much answered all my questions. I think I'm pretty much set on this one now. I've read all the reviews and after all your guys comments I think this will be the best bet for me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

13 Mustang V6 - GHIG
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Well I couldn't have said it better myself! These guys explained the I1000 really well and definitely painted a pretty good picture. The device is very cool but it really depends on your goals. If you're just going to tune the car and put the device away, then the SCT SF3 is for you! However, if you're going to play with all the advanced settings then you may want to go with the I1000.

Let us know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
Hey dan, any chance it'll be going on sale anytime soon?? Would love to save a couple bucks haha

13 Mustang V6 - GHIG
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gttahveitgreen View Post
Hey dan, any chance it'll be going on sale anytime soon?? Would love to save a couple bucks haha

Send him a PM and ask for the forum discount code. Although, I think you're a little low on post count to get it.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013
Apprentice

I will be going with i1000 after Christmas.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
Send him a PM and ask for the forum discount code. Although, I think you're a little low on post count to get it.
It's 50 posts right?

13 Mustang V6 - GHIG
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus'A 6 View Post
I will be going with i1000 after Christmas.

Yeah I'll probably be waiting till then too. It's so hard waiting though!!

13 Mustang V6 - GHIG
PONY Member

i should mention here beause i think sean got a bit ahead of himself.

you cant get tunes for a diablosport from steeda. they dont have the software. i know you cant get one from mpt and im pretty sure you cant get one from lund either. they dont have the software to make the tunes for the diablosport.

you can from bama for sure though

personally im running te 91 octane tune that came with it, and i gotta say, im REALLY impressed. they really know what theyre doing.

oh you can also get tunes from doug at c&l (bamachips i.e. bama performance founder)

2013 Performance Pack, MCA, Leather Recaro's, NAV
Steeda Cold Air Intake | BBK Throttle Body | Steeda Shifter Bracket | Whiteline Transmission Mount | Magnaflow Street Catback Exhaust | Tuning Super Store Tuned on a Diablosport Intune i1000 | Eibach Sportline Springs | Koni Sport Dampers (Yellow) | Whiteline Lower Control Arms

Team Magnaflow | Team Road Race Motorsports
BOSS Member

Quote:
I'm not sure if it's going to on sale but it's possible! I usually don't have to much information on sale items, until you guys do. I'd keep your eyes pealed on Black Friday and Cyber Monday and see if any tuners are on sale!

I can also shoot you a PM with the discount code!

-Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
I'm not sure if it's going to on sale but it's possible! I usually don't have to much information on sale items, until you guys do. I'd keep your eyes pealed on Black Friday and Cyber Monday and see if any tuners are on sale!

I can also shoot you a PM with the discount code!

-Dan
Thanks Dan!!

13 Mustang V6 - GHIG
Apprentice

Quote:
Yeah I'll probably be waiting till then too. It's so hard waiting though!!

Yeah its hard to wait I want to fix the throttle response so bad.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page