FRPP vs Eibach suspension kit - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

FRPP vs Eibach suspension kit

Lots of posts about the FRPP package but I couldn't find a comparison between these 2 kits. Anyone have an opinion of one over the other? Car is a daily driver that I want to improve basic handling and appearance.

Eibach Mustang Pro-System-Plus 35125.68 (11-14 GT, V6) - Free Shipping 35125.68

Ford Racing Mustang Handling Pack - Coupe M-FR3-MV6A (11-14 V6) - Free Shipping M-FR3-MV6A

2008 Bullitt|Roush M90 w/2.57 pulley & CAI; 90mm MAF; Steeda-UCA, LCAs, Ultralites, links, mounts; MM CC plates; Bilsteins; GT500 FCAs; Brembos; Roush shifter; GT500KR axle back; etc
1969 Coupe Restomod-never complete!
2008 Power Wheels Bullitt Clone
Mustangs from the past: 66 coupe, 69 Coupe, 69 Grande, 2001 Bullitt, 2011 V6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerdoc View Post
Lots of posts about the FRPP package but I couldn't find a comparison between these 2 kits. Anyone have an opinion of one over the other? Car is a daily driver that I want to improve basic handling and appearance.

Eibach Mustang Pro-System-Plus 35125.68 (11-14 GT, V6) - Free Shipping 35125.68

Ford Racing Mustang Handling Pack - Coupe M-FR3-MV6A (11-14 V6) - Free Shipping M-FR3-MV6A
im pretty sure you wouldnt notice a difference between the two. id go for the cheaper eibach one.

2014 Black 5.0 Track Pack with to many mods.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013
Apprentice

if your spending that much money buy coilovers just save a little more money you wont regret it

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013
PONY Member

Send a message via MSN to Rorysbrown
I had the Ford Racing V6 Handling kit on my car and I liked it except some female passengers don't like how this kit follows every dip in the road. It gives them a feeling of sea sickness. The ride is not hard at all, it just reacts to everything. So as an experiment, I recently went back to the stock shocks but with these Eibach Springs Eibach Pro-Kit Mustang Springs 35125.140 (11-14 GT, V6, BOSS) - Free Shipping 35125.140 but keep the Ford Racing Sway bars. I prefer the Ford Racing setup for the race track for sure. Not decided on what I prefer for the street but I'm leaning towards keeping the Eibach springs with stock shocks. At least for now. Unfortunately, I put my Winter tires and wheels on at the same time as changing to the Eibach Springs and the winter tires tend to produce understeer compared to my summer tires and wheels so I'll wait until I change back to see how the car feels.

Rory S. Brown from Surrey, BC Canada
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2014 Mustang MCA Edition in Grabber Blue. Previously: 2016 Shelby GT350 in Race Red, 2015 Mustang V6 Competition Orange, 2012 Mustang V6 Premium ProCharged in Black, 2011 Mustang V6 Premium in Red Candy Metallic, and 1979 Mustang Cobra in Bright Red (My 1st New Car)
Website www.mymustang.ca
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorysbrown View Post
So as an experiment, I recently went back to the stock shocks but with these Eibach Springs
Wow, that's a lot of effort. Thanks for doing it and posting your results.

--
Steve
2011 3.7 Convertible, K&N Typhoon CAI, Bama SCT Tune
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchargedsix View Post
if your spending that much money buy coilovers just save a little more money you wont regret it
After you said that I looked around a little and may just go with this combination. I have coil overs on my '69 and really like them. I also like the ability to adjust the ride height to the way I want. What do you all think of these choices? There are more advanced coil overs, but I don't want to end up with too harsh of a ride.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach...over-1112.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach...-kit-1112.html

2008 Bullitt|Roush M90 w/2.57 pulley & CAI; 90mm MAF; Steeda-UCA, LCAs, Ultralites, links, mounts; MM CC plates; Bilsteins; GT500 FCAs; Brembos; Roush shifter; GT500KR axle back; etc
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerdoc View Post
After you said that I looked around a little and may just go with this combination. I have coil overs on my '69 and really like them. I also like the ability to adjust the ride height to the way I want. What do you all think of these choices? There are more advanced coil overs, but I don't want to end up with too harsh of a ride.

Eibach Mustang Pro-Street Coil Over Kit 35125.711 (11-14 GT, V6) - Free Shipping 35125.711

Eibach Mustang Adjustable Anti-Roll Sway Bar Kit 35129.32 (11-14 All) - Free Shipping 35129.32
im in the same boat! I was originally thinking of getting the pro-system-plus, steeda panhard, gt500 mounts, boss 302 strut tower brace, and the camber bolts. id like the rear of the lowering springs to drop more, so im really just gonna test out the pro springs, if im not satisfied then ill sell them and switch to sports.

but then i saw the price of the street coil overs, and i could get the drop however i want!! my only confusion is if i get the coil overs, what else do i need? and can i install it myself?
i was planning on installing myself with maybe help from a few buddies
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Well, as luck and timing would have it everything changed this weekend with all the specials. I ended up buying a GT500KR package from Brenspeed and the Boss 302 strut tower brace from CJs. Now I'm watching Stillen and AM to see what happens on sway bars and exhaust. Once I have those items I'll slow down and start working on control arms and such.

05-14 MUSTANG GT (GT500 KR) ASSEMBLED SUSPENSION PACKAGE *IMPROVE HANDLING!*

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page