I-1 Procharger would be perfect - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I-1 Procharger would be perfect

The normal procharger kit is a great kit and at least someone is willing to pay as much attention to our cars as to the 5.0's. However, the new technology they have in the drive system of their I-1 series of blower would be more of a sweet spot for our low bottom end torque.

Apparently you can now have full boost by 2k rpm, and also have all of the benefits of the top end of the centri as well. It is like having a roots and centri blower at the same time. Now all they need to do is come up with the kit to bolt them up to our cars. I would be willing to bet that they might just do that.

They already have them for Camaro v8, challenger v8, and mustang 5.0. Would make these little v6s feel like pullied 03 cobras. Plus because the drive system of the blower backs down when you are not in the trottle, heat soak is minimal and goes away very quickly.

2013 Grabber Blue Premium Couple, Auto, FRPP N Springs, FRPP Dampeners, Lund Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013
Apprentice

Interesting post I never thought of that blower for my car was set on going with the pro charger setup but I may be willing to postpone to see if this will come available.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013
PONY Member

I think I'd just be in Sport mode all the time, so going with the psc is probably less expensive and realistic for me.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

The reason I think they might come out with a kit is that they still have yet to update the current kit for the 2013-14 model years. With the advent of rapid prototyping, they could put one together without a great deal of [email protected] As apposed to a few years ago when prototype kits had to be hand fabricated. I remember people complaining about supercharger kits back in the 80's and 90's because they would not bolt up.

Same goes for the intake manifold. I looked on edlebrock's website and they have got a huge shop that specializes in cnc and rapid prototyping. If they where motivated and had a 3.7 on hand for digital xyz measurements, a prototype 3d printed composite manifold for our cars could come to life in a matter or weeks.

2013 Grabber Blue Premium Couple, Auto, FRPP N Springs, FRPP Dampeners, Lund Tune
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013
RonX91

I am also waiting in hopes of news regarding the I-1 setup. I am planning on getting the D-1SC charger installed in April so hopefully they'll say something before then.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013
Apprentice

I wonder if you could just buy the supercharger and electronics and have someone make a bracket for it and do a custom intercooler and piping.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

FRPP 3.55 - DSS driveshaft - LMR SVE Drift 19x9.5 - Falken FK452 275/40/19 - Eibach Sportlines - Airaid Intake - Bama Tune
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Surely a highly competent shop could do that sort of thing, however with that amount of labor involved you are now into custom turbo terrritory.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013
PONY Member

If they made this for the V6 I would get it. Hopefully, by the time I get all my other mods done they will have decided to make it for us.

2008 Bullitt|Roush M90 w/2.57 pulley & CAI; 90mm MAF; Steeda-UCA, LCAs, Ultralites, links, mounts; MM CC plates; Bilsteins; GT500 FCAs; Brembos; Roush shifter; GT500KR axle back; etc
1969 Coupe Restomod-never complete!
2008 Power Wheels Bullitt Clone
Mustangs from the past: 66 coupe, 69 Coupe, 69 Grande, 2001 Bullitt, 2011 V6
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013
Rookie

if anyone hears news on this please hit me up. I should be supercharging mine in august
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page