Petrol noise from my tank for 2012 Mustang - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013 Thread Starter
Rookie

Petrol noise from my tank for 2012 Mustang

Hi All,

I am using 2012 ford mustang v6 premium car. When I am driving or when I apply breaks I hear petrol sound from the tank...its really annoying and I hear it even on highways ...Is it normal for all mustang cars or something wrong with my car ??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013
Apprentice

What does petrol sound like? Do you hear it sloshing around in the tank? That certainly isn't normal at all.

--
Steve
2011 3.7 Convertible, K&N Typhoon CAI, Bama SCT Tune
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013
PONY Member

I've never noticed before in my 2011. However I have driven a rental car where it was insanely annoying. I think it was a Nissan Altima.

2011 V6 Base Grabber Blue GBMR #082
DG Custom Side Mirrors, Tri-bar Fender Emblems, MCA Grille, Magnaflow Street Axleback, Strut Tower Brace, AM GT500 Wheels, Bama Tuned 93Race

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member

"Petrol sound"??? You a transplanted Brit?

You mean that you hear the fuel pump running?

If that is the case, then, no, it's not normal. About the only time you should be able to hear the pump is right when you first turn the key on but before starting the motor, and you would only hear it for a second or two.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I would look in the spare tire well and also in the trunk lift the side carpet to check inside the body panels behind the rear tires. +1 on not normal unless you have super hearing.....

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang machman View Post
Hi All,

I am using 2012 ford mustang v6 premium car. When I am driving or when I apply breaks I hear petrol sound from the tank...its really annoying and I hear it even on highways ...Is it normal for all mustang cars or something wrong with my car ??
Hello Mustang machman,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. You should have your dealer check it out. Your service manager is in the best position to let you know if there is any work needed, coverages, recalls, or any assistance available. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page