ABS / TCS question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

ABS / TCS question

I've been searching diagrams to locate the control module and ecm locations, I'm wondering if there is anything located behind the right front wheel shroud that would be involved in a TCS / ABS diagnosis? Would a technician have anything to inspect back there?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Alright, more info.
2013 with TCS / ABS / Service Advanctrac message. Was taken in for diagnosis. As per the flow chart, RR Wheel Speed Sensor was ordered. Sensor was installed last Sat, lights still on, dealership was unable to further diagnose on a weekend. The car is going back in today.

While changing my winters over, I noticed that the lower color keyed trim on the passenger side just behind the front wheel, and the shroud around the wheel are bowed out. My guess is that part of the shroud was disconnected, and then bent backwards without properly removing it. Besides this issue, no one but me has touched the car, and I'm very meticulous when it comes to washing and maintenance.

I obviously can't blame the dealership unless I can determine a reason the technician may have pulled that shroud back. I was thinking maybe to access the ecm or abs module, but both of those are up front. Is anything else back there? Or do I need to look for another cause?

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014
Apprentice

Garage
The ABS unit is in front of the air filter box. It is a aluminum block with metal lines coming out of it. ABS units are somewhat self contained. They have their own ecu that is programmed for each manufacturer and acts on its own, but they do communicate with other systems in the car. The ABS control unit is a circuit board inside the black plastic box (the bottom of the unit in the picture below) that is screwed into the ABS valve block.

2011 V6 Base, Kona Blue, 6MT, 2:73
Steeda LCAs, Adj. UCA, UCA Mount, Swaybars, Shifter Bushing, Sport Springs
Koni Yellows, Boss Strut Tower Brace, Leather Steering Wheel, Brembo Wheels w/ P-Zeros

2005 Lotus Elise - Nightfall Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page