Anyone have a Pypes Pype Bomb and Mac prochamber midpipe setup? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Anyone have a Pypes Pype Bomb and Mac prochamber midpipe setup?

Does anyone run a pypes pipe bomb axle back with a Mac off road pro chamber mid pipe setup on their 2013 v6? I ran the pypes and the BBK off-road x pipe but it was WAY too ricey and just sounded horrible.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014
Rookie

You will be hard pressed to find anyone with a prochamber on our cars at this point. They are a new release item and there are much, much cheaper options. I had a prochamber on my 03 GT and it sounded amazing. But on these cars, I'd suspect that it may not have a favorable tone. But, exhaust is extreme subjective so, give it a shot and find out. I will say that it'll likely have a more pleasing tone with a chambered muffler.

2014 Camaro 6.2 SS/RS M6 - JLT 110MM CAI, Hurst STS, TSP 2" LTH w/ O/R Pipes, NPP Exhaust, SCT X4 w/ MPT 93 Tune

2012 Mustang 3.7 Base M6 - SOLD - AirAid CAI, Ported Intakes from Lone Wolf, BBK Shorty Headers, Lethal Off-Road H, Magnaflow Competition Axle Back, MPT 93 Race Tune, 3.73's, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, SR Performance Shifter, FRPP Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Pro System Plus Kit, BMR LCA's, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, 18x9/10 SVE Drift Wheels, 255/285 Nitto's
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014
Apprentice

I have the BBK shorty headers, BBK off road x pipe, and the pypes bomb exhaust and get asked constantly if it's a v8, I'm not trying for that sound it's a very unique v6sound and I love it. I had the same set up as you with flow master 40's but when I put the pypes on it was an amazing change

Current-2015, GT, Comp. Orange, Magnaflow Comp. Series Catback, JLT CAI, 93 Tune by BBR, PedalMax

Previous- 2011, V6, HP White, C&L CAI, BBK Shorty Headers, BBK Catless X-Pipe, Pypes Bomb Axel Back, 93 Tune by BBR

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014
Apprentice

I had the pypes too with o/r h pipe and everyone was like omg wtf does he have done to it. It sounded like a hellicopter on deceleration and carrying a conversation was out of the question with the drone I got.

2014 M/T v6, Koni STR.T with B&G springs, JLT CAI, O/R H pipe, Pypes bomb custom cat-back, Whiteline trans insert, steeda trans bracket, Hurst shifter, 18x9/10 AM Wheels.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014
Apprentice

Exactly why I'm adding some 22"-26" resonators after the H-pipe. The pype bombs sound awesome at idle (like a V8) and full throttle, but the partial throttle/hwy cruise drone is unacceptable for my liking.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014
Rookie

I can concur. I had 18" glass packs installed and it really helped out the tone of the exhaust.

2014 Camaro 6.2 SS/RS M6 - JLT 110MM CAI, Hurst STS, TSP 2" LTH w/ O/R Pipes, NPP Exhaust, SCT X4 w/ MPT 93 Tune

2012 Mustang 3.7 Base M6 - SOLD - AirAid CAI, Ported Intakes from Lone Wolf, BBK Shorty Headers, Lethal Off-Road H, Magnaflow Competition Axle Back, MPT 93 Race Tune, 3.73's, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, SR Performance Shifter, FRPP Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Pro System Plus Kit, BMR LCA's, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, 18x9/10 SVE Drift Wheels, 255/285 Nitto's
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014
Apprentice

I have resonators on now but the sound gets kind of tiny and the tone it had kind of just goes away. Sounds more like a race car but doesn't have much tone. I'll be switching to borla tourings. Heard them in person with headers and I could have sworn it was a v8 till the guy passed by me and I saw some 3.7 badges.

2014 M/T v6, Koni STR.T with B&G springs, JLT CAI, O/R H pipe, Pypes bomb custom cat-back, Whiteline trans insert, steeda trans bracket, Hurst shifter, 18x9/10 AM Wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page