Rear Suspension Noise - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Rear Suspension Noise

I have been acquiring some rear suspension noises lately. Especially when rolling over speed bumps. Sounds like something is loose back there. Any ideas?

2012 Mustang V6 Premium/ Performance Package/ MCA/ Manual/ Ingot Silver and Charcoal/ VIN- 7/25/11, Build Date- 8/3/11, ETA- 8/6/11, Delivered- 8/19/11. Airaid CAI, Borla S-Type Exhaust, MGW Short Shifter, SCT Tuner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014
PONY Member
5.0L Member

If the noise you are hearing sounds like the exhaust is banging every time you hit a bump or travel rough roads it is a Rear Sway Bar Link Bushing. Most likely one has gone south. Replace BOTH sides and don't over tighten them. Torque the fasteners. Problem solved

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Italian View Post
I have been acquiring some rear suspension noises lately. Especially when rolling over speed bumps. Sounds like something is loose back there. Any ideas?
Have you brought this up to your dealer, Mad Italian? If not, I recommend you bring it in. Your service manager is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

Also, remember repairs done at a Ford Dealer come with a 24 months/unlimited miles warranty. You can schedule an appointment online here. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page