BBK LTH Extensions - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

BBK LTH Extensions

So I grabbed a set of bbk long tubes and bolted them on today, but the front sensors wont reach the bung on the collector. For now I plugged the holes and zipped the wires.

My question is, has anybody had any luck with cutting into the harness and re-routing the front O2 wiring?

2013 Auto V6 MCA, fully loaded minus glass roof. BBK long tube headers and off road X. Axle-Exchange 1 piece aluminum driveshaft. Steeda Proflow CAI, Bama 93 octane tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014
Rookie

you dont need to cut anything you can buy O2 sensor extenders at americanmuscle.com and then they will reach . im surprised the the long tubes kit didnt come with extenders they usually do

2006 GT manual: FRPP Cams,FRPP Intake manifold,FRPP Throttle body, BBK ceramic long tubes, BBK x-pipe and high flow cats, pypes bomb axle-back exhaust, Steeda under drive pulleys, Air Aid cold air intake, SR Performance Rear lower control arm, SR Performance rear upper control arm, Hurst billet competition short throw shifter,93 tune, Staggered 2013 GT500 Charcoal Wheel & NITTO Tire, NT555 255/45-18 NT555 275/40-18, cross drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic break pads Instagram: Chris06GT
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

But is it possible to extend them by re-routing? I would rather go with the cheaper option if possible.

2013 Auto V6 MCA, fully loaded minus glass roof. BBK long tube headers and off road X. Axle-Exchange 1 piece aluminum driveshaft. Steeda Proflow CAI, Bama 93 octane tuned.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014
Rookie

SR Performance O2 Sensor Extension Kit - Pair (86-09 All)
Our Price $29.95

this is from Americanmuscle.com for $30 i think its worth it ..if u want to go cheaper idk how else you would do it

2006 GT manual: FRPP Cams,FRPP Intake manifold,FRPP Throttle body, BBK ceramic long tubes, BBK x-pipe and high flow cats, pypes bomb axle-back exhaust, Steeda under drive pulleys, Air Aid cold air intake, SR Performance Rear lower control arm, SR Performance rear upper control arm, Hurst billet competition short throw shifter,93 tune, Staggered 2013 GT500 Charcoal Wheel & NITTO Tire, NT555 255/45-18 NT555 275/40-18, cross drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic break pads Instagram: Chris06GT
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014
Apprentice

My BBK ceramic LT's came with extensions in the same box as the headers. Looks like you need to make a phone call and get them shipped to you for free. I bought mine from American Muscle.

2013 Mustang GT - Performance - Brembo brakes, FRPP shocks and struts, FRPP-P springs, Steeda LCA's, White Line LCA relocation brackets, FRPP GT500 axle backs, Fastlane Motorsports Custom 93 Tune, JLT CAI, 3.73 gears, BBK ceramic LT's w/ catted x-pipe.
Appearance - GT500 spoiler, Ford Racing SVT wheels, Roush upper / lower grille, Roush fogs, Roush front / side / rear splitters.
(416 rwhp / 388 tq)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2014
SHELBY GT 500 Member
5.0L Member

Not a fan of extensions.

2016 VW GTI 4 door DSG
1989 Sonic Blue Mustang LX Coupe, 349 ci,
392 rwhp 424 rwtq....Mustang Dyno
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers-
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat_black06GT View Post

SR Performance O2 Sensor Extension Kit - Pair (86-09 All)
Our Price $29.95

this is from Americanmuscle.com for $30 i think its worth it ..if u want to go cheaper idk how else you would do it

The extension kit for my year is 50 bucks. I just really don't want to spend that much on a set of wires if I can just use my stock harness.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

One of my buddies happened to have a couple extensions laying around. Saved me $50. Friends FTW

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF_MUSTANG View Post
One of my buddies happened to have a couple extensions laying around. Saved me $50. Friends FTW
USAF_MUSTANG,

Aw man I'm sorry you had to go through all of that hassle! There should have been BBK O2 extensions included in the box. If I'd seen this sooner or you'd given us a call, we would have sent you a free set!

I'm glad you're taken care of now though! Hit me up if you need anything else.

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page