Running out of Mod ideas...any suggestions? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

I just ordered a new BBK power plus 73mm TB for $327/shipped 2 days ago.
Sorry to say it wasn't through American Muscle though. While I love there customer service, it always seems the things I need or want most are never on sale unfortunately. I buy from them when I can and the price is cheaper.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Der_Phan View Post
Thanks Shane,

As soon as the TB goes on sale, I'm purchasing Yup, love the Roush look, more than any other. Doubt I'll ever change exterior much.

I like the Roush sound too, especially after the the FRPP C&C X-Pipe. Only other sounds I really liked came from some Borla systems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCyclone View Post
I just ordered a new BBK power plus 73mm TB for $327/shipped 2 days ago.
Sorry to say it wasn't through American Muscle though. While I love there customer service, it always seems the things I need or want most are never on sale unfortunately. I buy from them when I can and the price is cheaper.
Don't forget that we do have Price Matching! If any of our competitors have a product that we carry for a cheaper list price, we'll be more than happy to Price Match it. You can also send me a PM with two links of the products you want to Price Match and I can approve the Price Match ahead of time. Then have one of my guys call you to setup the order, or you can call in with a quote already setup to place your order!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Rookie

I've also purchased many of my parts from places other than AmericanMuscle - much to my dismay. Even after trying to price match. Sometimes the price difference is just too steep to match. Either way, as stated, their customer service has always been great.

Back on topic, I think your next step is to take a hard look at your suspension components and decide how you'd like to drive your car. Be that as a daily driver, weekend warrior or track car. I have basically no aesthetic modifications and I have no plans to change that for a long time. I still have a long way to go with mods. It's almost impossible to run out of mods you can do if you really sit back and think about it. Eventually you could run out, sure but, there's always little things that can be changed, refined or completely done away with.

2014 Camaro 6.2 SS/RS M6 - JLT 110MM CAI, Hurst STS, TSP 2" LTH w/ O/R Pipes, NPP Exhaust, SCT X4 w/ MPT 93 Tune

2012 Mustang 3.7 Base M6 - SOLD - AirAid CAI, Ported Intakes from Lone Wolf, BBK Shorty Headers, Lethal Off-Road H, Magnaflow Competition Axle Back, MPT 93 Race Tune, 3.73's, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, SR Performance Shifter, FRPP Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Pro System Plus Kit, BMR LCA's, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, 18x9/10 SVE Drift Wheels, 255/285 Nitto's

Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Do you have a video of your set-up? I'd love to hear some cold starts, bit of accel and WOT ..... !!
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I'll +3 the suggestion for suspension upgrades!

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-16-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Hey guys, Well I'm back after a few of weeks.

So I did go for the BBK Throttle Body. Installed it 2 weeks ago. My apprehensions about it are long gone. It probably wouldn't be a smart 1st mod. But it sure did spark the car up with what I have. Seemed to help all the other mods some. The car really move now. I can feel some added power on the low end. The car gets up and moves if I'm cruising at 80 and punch it. I'm hitting speeds of 120-130 pretty easily(on a flat, vacant toll road).

So thanks for putting my mind at ease about if I should/or shouldn't spend money on the TB. Glad I did.

Also want to thank AMShaneLesky for the price match and easy transaction.Much appreciated.

So, I'm focusing on suspension now. The car is feeling pretty damn quick. I hit 10k miles last week after only 7 months. I started to hear a slight creak when I roll over bumps, uneven driveways, dips, etc. I'm thinking it's the shocks/struts creaking. So....

I was about to order sway bars(Eibach) and a panhard bar(BMR), and then wait until I need new shocks/struts and tires. A month or 2. BUT I don't like creaking over stupid bumps in the road. So I guess my question is....

Shocks/Struts and Tires before Sway Bars? Does it matter? Or would it be best to all that at once? Which would push it off for a few months to gather what I want.

I could easily do the sway bars and panhard bar next weekend. Then next month, Tires, Shocks.

Would love to hear suggestions on brand I should buy, even the order I should install.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin1988 View Post
Do you have a video of your set-up? I'd love to hear some cold starts, bit of accel and WOT ..... !!
Been meaning to, hopefully I will this or next weekend. I'm enjoying the rumble.

http://rayderphan.net/Pics/14SideRoushSigsm.jpg

Last edited by Ray_Der_Phan; 05-17-2014 at 12:40 AM.
GT Member
S197 Member

Best order:

Shock/struts/springs/panhard bar
Tires
Swaybars

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

Apprentice

^ x2

I would save sways for lasts. I would also get LCAs and a Bumpsteer kit to strengthen the suspension.

But I would first figure out what's causing the squeaking and fix it before the other mods. Could be a shot away bar end link.

2011 V6 6MT, Kona Blue, Premium, heated Saddle leather, 3.31, HID
***Procharged***
Mods: AIRAID CAI, Bama, Magnaflow Street CB, BBK S. Headers, BBK Catted X-Pipe, BBK 73TB, Strut Tower Brace, SR Springs 1.5, Koni STR.T Shocks/Struts, Bumpsteer Kit, Panhard Bar, LCAs, PowerStop Brake Kit, Black MGP Caliper Covers, GT500 Rear Diffuser, Roush Side Splitters, Stillen Front Chin, 30% Tint, LEDs, Black Super Snake Stripes, Polk/Alpine, Audio Control LC7i, RF 10" Sub, 19" Staggered AMRs
SHELBY GT 350 Member

I would also strongly suggest LCAs, but I'd recommend UPR Products. They work well on my car! (10-second daily driver with good handling)

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmccarrell View Post
BBK TB has too many issues. Try the FRPP one.
I have had a BBK throttle body on mine for over a year with absolutely NO issues.

OP. I see you also have the Brembo wheels on your ride. They look fabulous don't they .

2011 GT. Grabber Blue. Procharged. 3:73 manual.Billit LCA's. Corsa Extremes. GT 500 wheels. Racemaster DR's. T-56 Tremec. Dynotech DS . Centerforce DF. American Racing headers/high flow cats 560 rwhp.Donny Walsh tuned

2012 Pony Package. Race Red.3:31 automatic.BBK longtubes and catted X.FRPP Sport axlebacks. BBK throttle body. Dynotech DS. Brembo wheels and tires. Strut tower brace. Airraid CAI. Bama tuned.
Rookie

Garage
im looking at getting my engine basically redone. ported and polished heads, bored and new pistons and new cams. granted this will all take me some time and ill have a back up engine to do it on, but if you wanted to drop some serious cash into your car and go all out....that might not be a bad idea. check out super six motor sports. so far thats the only place ive found these mods. im getting more and more excited, eventually i want to super charge mine also.big plans and lotsa money for me lol.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Ok, I'm back. Thanks again guys for the suggestions and help....

I'm about to take a 1,000 mile drive and want make sure all is good.

I do wonder why I have a little vibration on deceleration? Not bad at all. Got my tire balanced and it helped. But it still vibrates my butt if I hit 100 and let off the gas. Steering wheel and pedals don't vibrate much if at all. Could it be just certain roads? I wanna start responding, then back to the vibration in more detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csamsh View Post
Best order:

Shock/struts/springs/panhard bar
Tires
Swaybars
Shocks, struts, springs check out well for me. Had my suspension shop evaluate them as well and told me "if you want, let's change them with the tires. They're fine" He estimated at least another 10k on the tires I'm running. Surprised me. They do have good tread left. So I will play that by ear for now.

Bought these... Panhard Bar ... BMR Mustang Adjustable Panhard Bar - Hammertone Finish PHR006H (05-14 All) - Free Shipping

Swaybars..... Eibach Mustang Adjustable Anti-Roll Sway Bar Kit 35129.32 (11-14 All) - Free Shipping

Will be installing them in the next couple of weeks when I find time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfresh6969 View Post
^ x2

I would save sways for lasts. I would also get LCAs and a Bumpsteer kit to strengthen the suspension.

But I would first figure out what's causing the squeaking and fix it before the other mods. Could be a shot away bar end link.
I have the Roush LCAs w/bumpsteer kit. There could be something a little off with them. Will have them checked asap. I'm also gonna have my DS and U joint inspected. Peace of mind.

The squeak is gone, lasted a few days and haven't heard it since. Either that's good or not so good. Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharad View Post
I would also strongly suggest LCAs, but I'd recommend UPR Products. They work well on my car! (10-second daily driver with good handling)
If the ones I have aren't doing their job, they will be replaced fast. I just want to test them myself and then take them to be checked out. Will take a look at UPR. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post
I have had a BBK throttle body on mine for over a year with absolutely NO issues.

OP. I see you also have the Brembo wheels on your ride. They look fabulous don't they .
BBK TB going strong here after recent install. No complaints. Actually impressed.

Thanks, I like the Brembos too, heavy or not. They're better looking rims than I've seen on most. I'll keep them for a bit

So back to the mild vibration. Not worried about it at the moment. But I'd rather troubleshoot before/if it gets to the dreaded shudder. Like I said, going on a long drive for fun and want to weed out any problems, small or expensive.

A few weeks back, my rear view mirror vibrated on deceleration of 90+ speed. Thought easy fix.....tires need balancing. No more mirror vibrations. But I'm having butt(seat) vibrations now. Slight, no shudder or wiggle. Feels like I'm sitting on a beehive. Have noticed degrees of the bees(vibrations) on certain roads. Some make me laugh from the feeling, some nothing. Here's what I'm thinking, please input ideas where you see fit....

1. Cali roads are ever changing. Grooves, flat, rolling, bumpy.
2. My Pirellis....sometimes I feel like I'm driving on circular rocks.
3. LCA - Haven't checked them out yet(but will have them inspected). Could they cause quick vibration on certain roads?
4. I really hope I didn't mess up my newish DS, U Joint, Bearings, etc. How possible is that?
5. Could it be the Tune? I also noticed it got better when I went from Bama Race to Bama Performance.

Any thoughts would be great, before I take my drive in 9 days.

http://rayderphan.net/Pics/14SideRoushSigsm.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page