Need better shocks/struts - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Need better shocks/struts

I have the ford racing suspension kit on my '14 v6 and am not happy after a track day. Thinking of koni sports, but welcome suggestions.

Thanks!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2014 V6 Auto, black, Performance Package, 102a, Dynotech drive shaft, brakes: Wilwood Superlite (front), adj. panhard; 3.73 gear; Steeda Sport Springs; Steeda sway bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014
PONY Member

i have the Koni Sports shocks and struts on my V6 and love them. Quite confortable on the softer setting, but you can dial them as you wish for track days. They are 25% everywhere, so a good time to buy.

Canadian 2012 V6, MT, Perf.White Pony Package (3.31 gears). Koni Sport Shocks & Struts. Steeda Sport Springs w/HD Mounts, Route 66 SpeedShop 55D rear spring kit. Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace. BMR Adj PHB. BFG G-Force Sport Comp2. Pioneer TS-D6802R Front SPeakers, Clarion 80W/Ch Amp. JL Audio 8 Inch Sub And 175W Amp. GT500 Steering Wheel. 2012+ Tilting Headrests
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014
PONY Member

With the 'long history' of Koni, i would go with the adjustable yellow ones. I changed my factory shocks and struts to the Koni orange ones (not lowered) and got rid of the nose dive, about 4 years ago

'Little Red'. 2011 V-6 Mustang. Automatic <acronym title="transmission">Trans</acronym>. C&L C.A.I. Ceramic Coated BBK Long Tube Headers and Catted Shorty X-Pipe. Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs. 3.73 rear gears. GT 500 Lower Control Arms. JLT Catch Can. Axle Exchange Aluminum Drive Shaft. Steeda Watts Link. Several more mods...1991 F150 4X4 61,000 miles. Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Thanks! Konis are it.

2014 V6 Auto, black, Performance Package, 102a, Dynotech drive shaft, brakes: Wilwood Superlite (front), adj. panhard; 3.73 gear; Steeda Sport Springs; Steeda sway bar.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014
PONY Member

Send a message via MSN to Rorysbrown
I put on recently the Adjustable Yellow Koni's and I'm happy. Full soft setting for regular everyday driving.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustable Koni shocks installed.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	355153  

Rory S. Brown from Surrey, BC Canada
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2014 Mustang MCA Edition in Grabber Blue. Previously: 2016 Shelby GT350 in Race Red, 2015 Mustang V6 Competition Orange, 2012 Mustang V6 Premium ProCharged in Black, 2011 Mustang V6 Premium in Red Candy Metallic, and 1979 Mustang Cobra in Bright Red (My 1st New Car)
Website www.mymustang.ca
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014
GT Member
S197 Member

What's your budget? I'd probably go Bilstein but you'll hear a lot of love for Koni.

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Ok, Koni's are adjustable, but you have to take them off the car? Is that right? Are there others that can be adjusted for compression/rebound while still installed?

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014
PONY Member

See the picture attached to my post earlier, it shows the White Koni adjuster knob they include to adjust them on the car. There is a directional indicator to tell you which way to turn for firmer. Just take the knob off when you are finished adjusting.

2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2014 Mustang MCA Edition in Grabber Blue. Previously: 2016 Shelby GT350 in Race Red, 2015 Mustang V6 Competition Orange, 2012 Mustang V6 Premium ProCharged in Black, 2011 Mustang V6 Premium in Red Candy Metallic, and 1979 Mustang Cobra in Bright Red (My 1st New Car)
Website www.mymustang.ca
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorysbrown View Post
See the picture attached to my post earlier, it shows the White Koni adjuster knob they include to adjust them on the car. There is a directional indicator to tell you which way to turn for firmer. Just take the knob off when you are finished adjusting.
Ok, I see. What about the rear shocks?

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_Rockett View Post
Ok, I see. What about the rear shocks?
Same thing, the trunk inner fender cover just pulls away easily to expose the same adjuster.

Website www.mymustang.ca
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Thanks, that's exactly what I want!!!

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

the problem is by stiffening them up with a knob presents a "jacking down" idea. If you are serious about tracking either MCS suspension (ex moton engineers), AST (check out vorshlag), or even bilsteins revalved with correct springs not just yea dude i dropped 1.5inches (check out fat cat motorsports on youtube)

2012 v6 6MT: 32kmiles
Current: Air Raid CAI, Diablosport intune, FRPP sport axle backs, Strut tower brace, 3.7 emblems, eibach adjustable sway bars, J&M lower control arms, 3.55 frpp gears, axle exchange aluminum drive shaft, 19 inch BBP wheel set up
wants:no more issues
2002 mazda miata 5MT "track rat
Future" Custom valved and springs Fat cat motorsports, 9LB wheels, toyo proxxs r888, turbo pushing 250whp, sparco seats, custom roll bar
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangkid9234 View Post
the problem is by stiffening them up with a knob presents a "jacking down" idea. If you are serious about tracking either MCS suspension (ex moton engineers), AST (check out vorshlag), or even bilsteins revalved with correct springs not just yea dude i dropped 1.5inches (check out fat cat motorsports on youtube)
By the time I get that serious about tracking I will have bought a dedicated track car, or replaced the current 'Stang with another daily driver. For now, though, it has to be civil enough for my wife to ride in it comfortably!

PONY Member

What you want and need , and all you need is the Koni adjustable shocks/struts....period......best regards Plum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page