Help with Replacement Air Filter - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Help with Replacement Air Filter

Hello All,
Just picked up a 2013 V6 with 13K a couple weeks ago and am thinking the previous owner probably never got around to changing the air filter. So, 1. Is it ready for replacement like I think it is, and 2. Does anyone have suggestions? I don't think I want a CAI right now, but I'm open to info. I have had AEM DryFlow replacements in my last two vehicles which I liked because they didn't use sticky oils to filter, were really easy to clean, and seemed to increase throttle response (noticeable even in my 3.8 Jeep dog).

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
2014 DIB 3.7 w/ sport shift "Blue Cyclone"

I installed the Airaid "tube" & aFe Dry-S inverted filter and am very happy with an SCT "canned" tune. Can't wait to get an MPT tune!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tn_UPR catch can 006.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	427554  

2012 Candy Red 3.7 Cyclone {RIP}
2014 3.7 Cyclone DIB\BMR rear lca;s\ American Racing razor 18x9\275/40/18 Yokohama S-drives\Boss 302 strut brace\Airaid "tube"& aFe inverted Dry-S drop-in\UPR catch can\Koni sports\J&M cc plates\DSS 3.5" 1 piece
Bassani\BMR adj. panhard\
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015
PONY Member

Garage
At least with the 5.0 there's no gain going to a CAI as Ford has done a pretty good job with the OEM system. To see any benefit will require a tune. I think the V6 uses the same air box, or at least I know the same filter as the 5.0, so it's volumetric demand should be less than the 5.0's. Unless you are planning a tune, I'd just go with a good quality paper filter such as the OEM or a lot of folks seem to like Wix.

-Jeff-
Ventura, CA
2013 GT Premium Brembo
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade

Last edited by kenv; 04-29-2015 at 10:21 PM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Get the aFe Dry-S drop-in, it's better than K&N panel.

2014 3.7 Cyclone DIB\BMR rear lca;s\ American Racing razor 18x9\275/40/18 Yokohama S-drives\Boss 302 strut brace\Airaid "tube"& aFe inverted Dry-S drop-in\UPR catch can\Koni sports\J&M cc plates\DSS 3.5" 1 piece
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015
GT Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioAl View Post
I installed the Airaid "tube" & aFe Dry-S inverted filter
That looks just like my car! Same color, same shock tower brace, same filter and Airaid center tube. I think this is a pretty good, reasonably priced set up.

2012 Kona Blue V6 6MT Pony package. 2.73 rear end, comfort package, Charcoal leather interior.

Driving it since 5/09/2011

Mods: Ford Mustang STB, Epco Rally stripe shifter ball, AFE non-oiled Air filter, Airaid mid pipe, GT500 Splash Guards, Ford Racing Rear Sway bar links and bushing kit, BMR rear LCA's, Bilstein monotube shocks, Eibach Pro-kit Springs.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Do you have the 2015 UPR catch can as well?

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015
Apprentice

I use the AEM dry drop in filter with no issues.

2011 V6 Convertible, Premium, Red Candy, White side stripes, Pony badges on fenders, auto headlights, lower fogs coming soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page