V6 Grille Fog Light Conversion Question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
V6 Grille Fog Light Conversion Question

Hey guys, I'm a new member here on the forum and I have a question. So I have a 2014 V6 with the Pony Package and lower valence fog lights but I was looking to swap out the grille for a GT grille with the fog lights mounted in the grille because I love that look. Since I have the Pony Package I know I will need a GT Grille Surround as well as a replacement upper grille and fog lights to put into the grille cut outs. But what I'm a little confused on is the wiring part of this. I'm not sure what I will need to get to complete this installation since I already have lower valence fog lights. So if you guys could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it! Thanks for the help guys!

TLDR - I want to put a GT grille and fog lights on my V6 w/ lower valence fog lights, what do I need to do this? Thanks!

Sorry if this is already a thread, I'm new to the whole forum thing and couldn't find it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016
Apprentice

This link should provide you with everything you need. Fog Light Grilles & Misc 13-14: Starkey Products - Quality Products. Precision Built.
I bought from them when I got my fog lights mounted and they're great! The $50 H11 to LED wiring harness is the one you need to buy.

2014 Automatic V6 Grabber Blue| Roush Axle backs| JLT CAI| 93 Oct Bama race Tune| SR Strut Tower Brace| GTCS Spoiler|
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016
Apprentice

Garage
Thanks for the link thai_fighter ill be needing a harness to convert my 07 pony package fog lights to GT fog lights

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016
Rookie
S197 Member

Garage
@thai_fighter ,

Sorry I didn't see your PM until today, almost a year later lol. Needless to say I don't check those much. Glad you figured it out!

I did do it, and it was pretty simple, but I was a little weird in that I wanted my existing foglights AND the new ones in the grill to work. I didn't want dead lights in my bumper. So I purchased the harness above and did some minor modifications to get them all working. Love the look, but I get pulled over constantly now because I "have more than 4 lights on at one time". Who knew that was illegal? (Hint: Not me).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fog light conversion , fog light installation , fog light mustang 2014 v6 , v6 grille conversion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page