Ford Mustang Forum banner

Well i started installing my CDC shaker for 2011 GT/CS

4K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  GoHawks63 
#1 ·
Its too late now.. lol i have already cut the hood. I measured 4 or 5 times and had someone else check my measurements. I have to install the manifold bracket tomorrow. Tomorrow will tell the tale of the tape.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I didnt want to go any further until i knew if my measuring was ok. so now all i have to do is bond the trim ring together and cut the air box. Its fully mounted to the manifold. Everything came out great. Better pics out the garage tomorrow..

Attachments

#7 ·
I like the shaker, hope to see more pics soon.

#10 ·
Wow. That looks awesome!!! :bigthumbsup Should also be a good indicator of when the engine mounts go bad.... "Man, my Shaker is hitting on both sides of the hood, time for new mounts!" Lol

#12 ·
Wow! Nice job. I wish I had your big ones! Where did you get it? Will you post a link? You never know when I might take the plunge.

Rob

#13 ·
Wow! Nice job. I wish I had your big ones! Where did you get it? Will you post a link? You never know when I might take the plunge.

Rob
Didnt take much of a plunge on this one. To be honest i got it for a steal from someone that backed out on installing it when it actually came time to cut the hood lol... saved a lot by doing the install myself. I didnt expect any hp gains and knew its purely cosmetic. With that being said its time to start on the Long Tubes.

#14 ·
Bigger pics would be a plus, honestly... So how does it deal with water? Looks great, congratulations! :bigthumbsup

#16 ·
Thanks...
I will upload the pics i took with my sons Nikkon. Really thick rubber around the shaker with a drain hole in the front that can be routed down the front of the engine takes care of the water.

I just looked it up. $700 from Stage 3
2011-2012 Mustang GT 5.0L CDC Shaker Hood Scoop Kit

I love it... makes me miss my Mach 1! Not sure I have the Balls to cut the hood though, I would be measuring for days.... :)

Great Job OP!!!!:worship
Thank u..
I could never pay that much for a cosmetic mod. You can also get them on ebay for 575.00

#17 ·
Awesome job! I have had mine in the box since November. Finally getting up the nerve to cut into the hood and do the install.

What did you use to cut the hood? Jigsaw?

#18 ·
Awesome! Can't wait to see more detailed pics.

#25 ·
Hope your day goes well! Don't forget to document with pics!

#26 ·
I have the CDC Shaker on my '11 GT/CS convertible. I really like it.

It's not purely cosmetic. It is functional n the sense that it does feed air to the air box. There's just not any HP gains.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.