Got my 2011 5.0 Mustang! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Got my 2011 5.0 Mustang!

Well boys and girls I got my 5.0 and it was quite a stroke of luck. I was playing around at my ford dealership in March and we put a hypothetical order in and then I order an actual one in May. Well, my truck broke down and I had to buy a vehicle so I purchased one(GT premium) in Denver. I felt like the dealer was trying to screw me (and I was right) so I opted out before it was finalized. Turns out they never cancelled the order for my base GT with 3.73s! and it came in today to everyones surprise! Well, I bought it and I am infinitely more happy than I was was with the premium. If you're getting a GT get the 3.73 gears so you can FEEL THAT HORSE POWER, there is a difference (3.31, 3.55, 3.73). GREAT CAR especially for a grad gift to myself see you guys in traffic court! *crosses fingers*

Edit: BTW I don't know if it was my imagination but this base GT sounds MEEEAAAANN!! maybe it was the gear change, but I', not easily impressed by stock exhaust but this set will do until that annoying warranty wears off!!! AAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFlyBoy165 View Post
Well boys and girls I got my 5.0 and it was quite a stroke of luck. I was playing around at my ford dealership in March and we put a hypothetical order in and then I order an actual one in May. Well, my truck broke down and I had to buy a vehicle so I purchased one(GT premium) in Denver. I felt like the dealer was trying to screw me (and I was right) so I opted out before it was finalized. Turns out they never cancelled the order for my base GT with 3.73s! and it came in today to everyones surprise! Well, I bought it and I am infinitely more happy than I was was with the premium. If you're getting a GT get the 3.73 gears so you can FEEL THAT HORSE POWER, there is a difference (3.31, 3.55, 3.73). GREAT CAR especially for a grad gift to myself see you guys in traffic court! *crosses fingers*

Edit: BTW I don't know if it was my imagination but this base GT sounds MEEEAAAANN!! maybe it was the gear change, but I', not easily impressed by stock exhaust but this set will do until that annoying warranty wears off!!! AAHAHAHAHAHAHA

awesome and congrats. You will enjoy it.

2011 Black GT Premium
Auto, 401A, Shaker 1000, Comfort Package,
18 inch rims, 50/50 Window Tint, Mrt
Rear hinged window louvers, 5.0 Flowmaster
American Thunders.
Boss Quad Exhaust
Ordered 2/9/10
Arrived 4/29/10
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010
Rookie
S197 Member

Congrats man, when I get enough money the first place I'm heading is the Ford dealer

'06 V6 AT
BBK CAI, Pypes X-Pipe and Mid-Muffler Exhaust
SCT Bama 91 Race Tune

2015 GT Premium Race Red-on order!
GTPP
Recaros

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010
Apprentice

Sounds nice though. Would like to hear your thoughts about the base vs premium.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFlyBoy165 View Post
GREAT CAR especially for a grad gift to myself see you guys in traffic court! *crosses fingers*
Cute!

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium
Sterling Gray Metallic, Charcoal Black
Automatic, 2.73 Rear
Comfort Package, Camera
AM/BAMA 93R Tune, K&N Drop-In, Roush Axle Back
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Congrats on the car, we need pics.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

Post some pics so we can see the new ride!

2006 Mustang GT PremiumTorch Red, quarter window louvers, Hurst Shifter, FRPP Stinger Axle Back Exhaust, and C&L Racer CAI with SCT X3Tuner with Brenspeed tune.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TireKicker View Post
Would like to hear your thoughts about the base vs premium.
Same here. Most opt for the premium over the base unless money is a factor. I spent for the premium simply because I felt the quality and options were far superior. IMHO of course!

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Shadow View Post
Same here. Most opt for the premium over the base unless money is a factor. I spent for the premium simply because I felt the quality and options were far superior. IMHO of course!

Yeah I had a rental base GT for about a week when my prem was in the shop having the sync checked out. Much nicer interior. Well worth the money IMO. Plus I don't care what anyone says I think it will help sell the car in a few years when I get a new one.

Who really WANTS a base? Not many, it's just some won't pay for the premium. But used, it's a differant story...

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
PONY Member

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I picked my car up yesterday 6-7!

U NEED PICS MY FRIEND!

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]GT Premium Manual-Kona Blue[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]401A Int.-Char/Blk/W/Cashmere[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Security Pkg.-3.73 Ltd Slip [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Access Pkg #4 Hood Scoop N Ped Spoiler[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

This may come as surprise but I actually like the base better! I had both at one point and the money to buy a premium but none of them had the 3.73 gears, in fact mine is the only one in Texas thus far. BUT, I caveat that by saying: for me it's about speed. The SYNC system is legit! and don't get me started on the shaker 1000, so if you can afford all that and the gears then by all means do it. But, my base GT will get down the road! (cherped from 1st gear to 4th without even redlining). I'll save the fancy-shmancy stuff for when I get an SUV down the line, but I'm tryna be a fighter pilot here not a valet jocky and those cockpits are not comfortable, but I'll take basic with my hair on fire rather than premium sound. HOOAH!:smoke:
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
So, the ummm, pictures....

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Pics of my 5.0 w/tint!!!!

Got my 2011 5.0 Mustang!-img_0439.jpg

Got my 2011 5.0 Mustang!-img_0438.jpg

Got my 2011 5.0 Mustang!-img_0440.jpg
Apprentice

is that 50% tint all around?
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

35% my friend! Ford wouldn't go any darker because that's the legal limit....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page