Mustang 1 Dealer 0 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Mustang 1 Dealer 0

I went to get my new toy tonight. 8 weeks of waiting is finally over.

I'm extremely satisfied with my purchase even if i've only driven it for 6 or so kilometers from the dealer to my house.

Can't wait t'ill this weekend for a real ride. Yes. It's super busy at work and i have no time for joy rides.

Mustang Base V6 = Just plain awesome. +1

Now for the negative part. The dealer.

I was not entirely satisfied with the level of professionalism. No i won't say who.

When ordering the car, they quoted my 500$ more than the actual sticker price without my knowledge. Only when i got my VIN, i asked why the price difference? They're response was that the Value leader (Base) was basically is a non profit car for them. They also told me that the have a limit of 3 of this type of car per dealer because of profit reasons. Go figure!

It seem's that i was actually one of the lucky ones. Yea right!

Why bother giving them my email if they can't even use it to inform me about some progress. I was the one phoning them for updates?

I got a lot more info regarding the Mustang on this forum than the salesman himself. He's suppose to know this stuff. Well does he?

He told me that if i don't deal with them for my oil change, it will screw up my warranty. I responded: I'll talk to my mechanic
about that. He countered: You can't use any jobber fo this kind of car. FYI, My mechanic is a trusted friend that i've know for the past 32 years and worked for Toyota, Honda, Hyundai and Subaru. He would put them all to shame with is knowledge.

During my initial inspection, I found a small scratch (1/4 inch) on top of the front bumper below the right light that had been "fixed" with touch up paint. He told me that it sometimes happens. Yea! good thing i checked before signing your contract. Now you can't blame me for it. I basically told them: Either fix it or get me the all weather rubber floor mats to make me look the other way.

Dealer = Thumbs down. 0

Sorry guys. No pics for now. Only when my "modding" is done.

Great powers comes with great responsablility.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010
Apprentice

Polarman,

Congrats on the new ride!!

I'm the Finance Manager at a Dealership in Ontario. Are you X or A plan? If so, they cannot deviate from the price on the invoice. Simple as that. Ford is also giving 500 del allowance on the value leader. Not sure about Costco in Quebec.

At the very least. You should have paid X plan minus $500 del allowance. Their excuses are total BS. Ford pays the commission. The dealership makes 2% plus holdback (admin, nitro, rustproof, etc.).

Also, you won't screw up your warranty by doing the servicing elsewhere. The important thing is that you do it and just keep receipts. You might want to get an FMPP and have your car serviced at another Ford Dealer. FMPP is an amazing service plan. I'm sure Ford loses money on it.

Damage does occur, but they certainly didn't fix it properly. Scratches like that, go to our body shop for fixing. Never touch up paint!! Jeesh!!

Too bad you weren't closer!! I would never treat a customer like that. If you need a Warranty or an FMPP, let me know and I'll put it through for you at my cost plus $100

2011 V6 Kona Blue, Automatic, Black Leather, Tint, 1/4 Window Louvers, Electronic Corrosion Control Module, Husky Liner Floor Mats, 1969 "BOSS 305" Striping. Terrace Ford Lincoln - Burlington - Finance Manager
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

I've yet to meet a salesman that knows much about the product they're selling, and if they do know somthing it's what they've read, no real world experience. I am usually kinda rude to them, makes my wife mad. She don't understand that they don't care about you, they only want to get as much money out of you as they can. That being said, I have met a couple I've gotten along with, who I felt treated me right. I keep the rudeness down until they show they're true colors, but they usually do pretty quickly.

2001 Gt (gone but not forgotten, always loved!)
Mineral Grey, KN cold air, SLP cat back, 4:10 gears, Hurst compitition plus shifter, rear window louvers, silver face gauges, Boss Shinoda chin spoiler, Kaminari side skirts, Shaker hoodscoop
Best time 14.20 @ 7000 ft elev (on G-tech performance meter).
real men drive domestic

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tefurd View Post
I've yet to meet a salesman that knows much about the product they're selling, and if they do know somthing it's what they've read, no real world experience. I am usually kinda rude to them, makes my wife mad. She don't understand that they don't care about you, they only want to get as much money out of you as they can. That being said, I have met a couple I've gotten along with, who I felt treated me right. I keep the rudeness down until they show they're true colors, but they usually do pretty quickly.
I almost always know more than the salesman but that is why I never talk to them. I do my research on the web and then go straight to the internet sales manager.

I would point out that a rabid enthusiast can live on the internet and learn everything possible about the 2011 Mustang. Well the sales guy has to know all the cars on the lot, not just his favorite one. For this reason alone I cut sales guys some slack. They have to kiss the customers butt to try to make a sale and if it doesn't happen, they get reamed by the sales manager. Either way they lose. I'd never want that job.

Glad you have your new ride.

Greg

2011 Mustang GT Premium Coupe 6-Speed Manual
Performance White/Charcoal with 401A and Grabber Blue Stripe
HID's, Security Package, 3.55, Brembos
Ordered 5-18, VIN 5-25, Window Sticker 6-02, Spawned 06-09-10, Delivered 07-03-10
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010
Apprentice

Without the name of the dealership this is just a thread of you complaining. While you are certainly right in being upset with that dealership, you should name the dealership so that others will not fall into the same situation you experienced. But yes, I'd be very pissed.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Mark at Price Ford Auto-crosses his Mustang and has owned several. He knows the product inside and out. It's rare, but he knows his stuff.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmodem View Post
Polarman,

Congrats on the new ride!!

I'm the Finance Manager at a Dealership in Ontario. Are you X or A plan? If so, they cannot deviate from the price on the invoice. Simple as that. Ford is also giving 500 del allowance on the value leader. Not sure about Costco in Quebec.

At the very least. You should have paid X plan minus $500 del allowance. Their excuses are total BS. Ford pays the commission. The dealership makes 2% plus holdback (admin, nitro, rustproof, etc.).

Also, you won't screw up your warranty by doing the servicing elsewhere. The important thing is that you do it and just keep receipts. You might want to get an FMPP and have your car serviced at another Ford Dealer. FMPP is an amazing service plan. I'm sure Ford loses money on it.

Damage does occur, but they certainly didn't fix it properly. Scratches like that, go to our body shop for fixing. Never touch up paint!! Jeesh!!

Too bad you weren't closer!! I would never treat a customer like that. If you need a Warranty or an FMPP, let me know and I'll put it through for you at my cost plus $100
Thanks for sharing that info.

Can you elaborate more on the FMPP ( I assume this is the Ford Motor Protection Plan? ) and warranties? Like what the costs would be (different prices for different modles I assume?).

Thanks!

Current Ride: 2014 RAM 1500 SPORT
Toy: 89 RX7-Turbo (Future LS Swap)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Enough of the bad deal... Show us some Pics of the new ride!

Too many car's, not enough time.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010
GT Member

I agree with Gregor. On new cars, I find what I want on the internet, print the window sticker and e-mail the internet manager the VIN. If they still have the vehicle, we negotiate a price before I ever get to the lot. Once there, I drive it and if it drives fine, we sign the paperwork. Simple and none of the BS.
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Polarman, can you name the dealer? I'm shopping right now and wouldn't want to give them my hard earned money.

Thanks.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
Thanks for sharing that info.

Can you elaborate more on the FMPP ( I assume this is the Ford Motor Protection Plan? ) and warranties? Like what the costs would be (different prices for different modles I assume?).

Thanks!
Not a problem Timeless! The FMPP (Ford Maintenance Protection Plan) is a pre-paid maintenace plan. In the US it's called "Premium Maintenace Plan". Basically you are pre-paying for all the servicing plus you get extras like Brakes, Hoses, Belts, Wipers, Plugs etc. When the manual says to do the service, come in and it's done. No charge!

Ford Canada allows me to charge a maximum 500 dollar markup, so a 5yr plan lists for about 1700. Definitely negotiate the price, if you want one. At 1200.00 it's a really good value and you'll have a perfectly maintained Mustang.

Ford Premium Maintenance Plan | FLMowner.com

2011 V6 Kona Blue, Automatic, Black Leather, Tint, 1/4 Window Louvers, Electronic Corrosion Control Module, Husky Liner Floor Mats, 1969 "BOSS 305" Striping. Terrace Ford Lincoln - Burlington - Finance Manager
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page