High Octane Fuel - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

In Missouri we have 93 just about everywhere. If you want to drive a little, Conoco station has 94 ethanol-free. Runs great in my Harley and the Mustang gets about 2-3 mpg better.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
I run 93 in mind. Sams Club has the best price in my area 231 for 93 octane verse 255 + everywhere else.

Preacherman
Rookie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by preacherman View Post
I run 93 in mind. Sams Club has the best price in my area 231 for 93 octane verse 255 + everywhere else.
Agree 93 always Sam’s club is 20 cents cheaper

2017 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Stock for now

Apprentice

Had 89 octane in my tank when I did my tune... after that got to empty I put in 93... wow what a difference.

2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special
Performance - Roush Axle Back | X-Pipe | GT350 Throttle Body w/ Spacer | GT350 CAI | BBK Oil Separator | Tune |
Suspension - CJ Lowering Springs [F:-1.5"/R:-1.0") | 20mm Spacers | MGP Red Caliper Covers |
Aesthetic - CF Roof Spoiler | GT350 side flare & rocker winglets | Diode Dynamics LED's throughout |
Apprentice

I live in Brazil and all gasoline in Brazil is blended with 25% ethanol... no lead. We have regular 88 octane, premium 92 oct, and super premium 95 oct. I run 95 in my car all the time... It runs great though im sure that in the long run Im gonna have problems with the oem fuel injectors as they are not supposed to run gas that rich in ethanol... I hope it wont happen any time soon but when it does happen i will go for a set of injectors that runs both gas and e85...
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_cali View Post
Had 89 octane in my tank when I did my tune... after that got to empty I put in 93... wow what a difference.
hmmmm . . . if it is tuned for 89, I am not sure that it will automatically adjust the timing to take advantage of the 93; depends on the tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ricco View Post
I live in Brazil and all gasoline in Brazil is blended with 25% ethanol... . I run 95 in my car all the time... It runs great though im sure that in the long run Im gonna have problems with the oem fuel injectors as they are not supposed to run gas that rich in ethanol... I hope it wont happen any time soon but when it does happen i will go for a set of injectors that runs both gas and e85...
I am surprise that it is running OK on the 25% ethanol, would expect that it needs a special tune for that. Might need beefier injectors because generally you need to run more fuel (richer air/fuel mix) with ethanol.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ricco View Post
I live in Brazil and all gasoline in Brazil is blended with 25% ethanol... . I run 95 in my car all the time... It runs great though im sure that in the long run Im gonna have problems with the oem fuel injectors as they are not supposed to run gas that rich in ethanol... I hope it wont happen any time soon but when it does happen i will go for a set of injectors that runs both gas and e85...
I am surprise that it is running OK on the 25% ethanol, would expect that it needs a special tune for that. Might need beefier injectors because generally you need to run more fuel (richer air/fuel mix) with ethanol.[/QUOTE]

Luckly it still runs greatly despite the 25% ethanol, I would not have many other options here... I run a 93 oct tune for the 95 oct Brazilian Gas, plus I live at sea level...
You are right about consumption... Basically ethanol consumes 30% more volume than gas to run the same mileage... As gas here has 25% ethanol it consumes 7 to 10% more gas than if I ran on pure 95 oct gas(which is not available)... Sometimes the government says they are going to raise ethanol in gas to a blend of 30%... It really scares me... In the end if legislation changes I may need beefier injectors...
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
hmmmm . . . if it is tuned for 89, I am not sure that it will automatically adjust the timing to take advantage of the 93; depends on
Tune is for 91+
PONY Member

I am quite sure if Brazilian gas is 25% ethanol that Ford tunes the cars going to Brazil for it.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgc333 View Post
I am quite sure if Brazilian gas is 25% ethanol that Ford tunes the cars going to Brazil for it.
Yeap, Brazilian gas is around 25% ethanol. Ford Brazil makes many flexfuel cars... Unfortunately Ford still doesn't import Mustangs to Brazil for more than a decade. So my car was a direct import!!! Ford is planning to import mustangs in 2018, though it has not been confirmed yet...
Rookie

I had the dealership gas which i assume was 87 and got 22 MPG, after i got rid of that and put in 93 my MPG went to 25.5.

I have the new gen 3 motor which even in the book say it CAN run on 87 but was built to run on a 91 or better for best performance.
Apprentice

Nothing less than 93 in mine.

2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special
Performance - Roush Axle Back | X-Pipe | GT350 Throttle Body w/ Spacer | GT350 CAI | BBK Oil Separator | Tune |
Suspension - CJ Lowering Springs [F:-1.5"/R:-1.0") | 20mm Spacers | MGP Red Caliper Covers |
Aesthetic - CF Roof Spoiler | GT350 side flare & rocker winglets | Diode Dynamics LED's throughout |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page