• 2 Post By HiTechRedneck
  • 1 Post By HiTechRedneck
  • 1 Post By JBert
  • 1 Post By HiTechRedneck

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Beauty & the Beast

Well I'm almost finished with the polishing and detailing for the wife's Anniversary gift - 2017 GT. At 65 years old she had to still have Recaro seats and manual trans!!
Black is not a color - it's a career! Clay bar and polish complete, next will be glaze and wax.
First mod completed, JLT oil seperater. Next will be CAI, Basanni exhaust (she had that on her GT500) and strut tower brace.
Let the games begin!
And yes, that's my truck in the background!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180316_102108.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	1,019.0 KB
ID:	594082  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Nice! I'm trying to convince my wife that I need another Mustang for our anniversary!

Pete

2014 Shelby GT500:Delivered 4/3/13, Black/Black stripes/Black interior, SVT Track Package, SVT Performance Package, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP Resonator Delete, Syntha Max blue air filter, Revan Racing shifter bushing, Michelin PSS tires, Lloyd GT500 mats, and yes the stock Shelby seats.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

You definitely do Sir! My wife loves her Mustangs - had a 92 - 95 - 99 an 09 & a 12 GT500. What amazes me is that the 12 with PP you could not hook it up without drag radials at least. This new GT has a much more managable power band and is really more fun to drive for the most part. Don't get me wrong, I would still love to have a GT500, but this GT is certainly more affordable.
Pete Grimaldi likes this.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTechRedneck View Post
. . . yes, that's my truck in the background!
and your oil well too?
Cobra2572 likes this.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

LOL - I wish!!!! It's a cell tower
They are drilling all around the area where we live but I don't get a piece of it!! I'm just a semi retired old fart whose son is the finance manager at a Ford dealership. D Plans are Sweet!!!
Pete Grimaldi likes this.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018
Rookie

Is your GT a manual by chance? I've been getting the hang of its shifting times, and I've found it kindof difficult to shift from 1st to 2nd quickly (with the performance package)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018
Rookie

Those look sharp. Nice work. I've always been kinda scared to attempt a clay bar and polish. Anything to it really?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Clay bar is easy and will leave you with a finish as smooth as glass - BUT - you will have raw paint and it will need a good polish and swirl remover if needed, then a sealer and coat of a good wax to keep it nice. There are several kits for clay bar available at most any auto parts store as well as Autogeek which also has many how to videos on most everything they sell. Highly recommend a good Dual Action polisher to make it all easier. Here is a pic of my 600 HP Harley truck which was over 10 years old a the time with original paint (except the hood) It was good enough for the back cover of Harwood's catalog that year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5 12 11 d.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	825.9 KB
ID:	594274  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Yes, the wife would only stand for the 6 speed, even at 65 years old! After all her previous Mustangs and 2 GT500's she has no issue with shifting.
Rookie

Looks great. I have a rotary polisher. Wife got it for me when I expressed interest in increasing my detailing skill. She didn't know the difference between rotary and dual action and the hazards of burning your paint. Ever since, it has only been used to sand some rails. Too scared to use it on a car.

However, got some junkers and planning to learn on them. Much easier when you aren't worried about jacking it up.
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
very nice! good job

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page