Engine cover 2018 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Engine cover 2018

I purchased a new 2018 GT just over 2 weeks ago. Black with the only option being the black accent package. MSRP $36,990.00. Paid OTD $34,700.00. Curious if I am the only one that thinks the new for 2018 engine cover is ugly? I removed mine yesterday and have it stored in my basement. Looks much better to me. The GT350 does not use this cover.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2018
BOSS Member

Garage
Yeah it's ugly.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018
Rookie

It may be ugly but it is a sound muffler for the new direct injection set up. The DI makes alot of ticking noise due to the high pressure pump. FYI.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018
PONY Member

Haha, yes. I absolutely hate the 2018 engine covers. I like the 11-14 covers the best, and 15-17's are ok, then 18 and it's just WTF, that's hideous.

2014 Mustang GT Premium 401a; "Now you can add Premium to your signature." - Thereaper
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rblose View Post
It may be ugly but it is a sound muffler for the new direct injection set up. The DI makes alot of ticking noise due to the high pressure pump. FYI.
I have driven the car several miles without the cover and if there is more noise from the direct injection I have not noticed any difference. Not saying you are wrong. I just have not noticed any additional engine noise.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2018
Rookie

When I first saw the 2018 engine cover I thought to myself, who's idea was this. There are a few online websites selling and posting pictures of a 2018 engine cover that appears to look a lot like the 2017 engine covers. They are actually selling the factory engine cover that comes on the 18's. Hopefully someone will come out with a custom cover specifically for the 2018.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaS550 View Post
When I first saw the 2018 engine cover I thought to myself, who's idea was this. There are a few online websites selling and posting pictures of a 2018 engine cover that appears to look a lot like the 2017 engine covers. They are actually selling the factory engine cover that comes on the 18's. Hopefully someone will come out with a custom cover specifically for the 2018.
Will the 2017 cover not fit the 2018?

Jim T.
Present: 2018 Mustang GT (MT): Shadow Black

Past: 2007 Mustang GT Premium (MT), 2010 Mustang GT Premium (MT)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page