Moving over to the S550 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By stevegt2012
  • 1 Post By stevegt2012

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018 Thread Starter
Banned

Moving over to the S550

I really love my 2012 Brembo GT Premium. It is still a new car with only 14000 miles, always garaged and never driven in the rain. But as I close in on 69 years old dealing with the manual trans and clutch is becoming more uncomfortable for me.

So I am very excited about the replacement Stang I just ordered.

2019 GT Premium in magnetic. Might change to velocity blue if Ford ever releases the color so I can see it.
GT performance package.
Magneride dampeners.
Active valve exhaust.
10 speed automatic transmission.
Enhanced security.
B & O Premium 12 speaker audio, new to 2019 replaces Shaker pro.
Navagation system.

Drove the 2018 and was quite impressed, but the dealer didnÂ’t have any on the lot equipped exactly how I wanted.

Now for a loooong 3 month or more wait. They donÂ’t even start building the 2019 until mid June. And at my age I donÂ’t have that much time left to wait. Ha, ha!

Pete Grimaldi likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I can't wait for a couple of more years, I will sell my 2013 with about 50K miles on it and I will buy one of the 2015+ IRS 5.0 Mustangs.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Congratulations on the new order. It will be worth the wait!

2019 Mustang GT California Special: Oxford White
Appearance Mods: Llumar ceramic tint

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Congrats on the order. I bet you will love it once the wait is over.

I also wished you lived closer to me and I would be interested in purchase your 12 GT as it sounds very well taken care of. Somebody will get a great car when you sell.

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018
PONY Member

The new 10 speed auto trans is a good amount faster than manual so no down side to going auto. The 2018 mustang gt auto is faster than the gt350
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018 Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife View Post
Congrats on the order. I bet you will love it once the wait is over.

I also wished you lived closer to me and I would be interested in purchase your 12 GT as it sounds very well taken care of. Somebody will get a great car when you sell.
Yes, someone will be getting a better than showroom condition car! I am very anal about maintenance and care. This car has no ticks or MT 82 problems. Only mod is Borla S exhaust, so it is a clean slate. Really hate to part with it, but I really need the auto now.
MustangLife likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegt2012 View Post
I really love my 2012 Brembo GT Premium. It is still a new car with only 14000 miles, always garaged and never driven in the rain. But as I close in on 69 years old dealing with the manual <acronym title="transmission">trans</acronym> and clutch is becoming more uncomfortable for me.

So I am very excited about the replacement Stang I just ordered.

2019 GT Premium in magnetic. Might change to velocity blue if Ford ever releases the color so I can see it.
GT performance package.
Magneride dampeners.
Active valve exhaust.
10 speed automatic transmission.
Enhanced security.
B & O Premium 12 speaker audio, new to 2019 replaces Shaker pro.
Navagation system.

Drove the 2018 and was quite impressed, but the dealer didnÂ’t have any on the lot equipped exactly how I wanted.

Now for a loooong 3 month or more wait. They donÂ’t even start building the 2019 until mid June. And at my age I donÂ’t have that much time left to wait. Ha, ha!
You only live once, Steve! I don't think that I will get rid of my GT500 too soon, but a new toy is always a thrill.

Pete

2014 Shelby GT500:Delivered 4/3/13, Black/Black stripes/Black interior, SVT Track Package, SVT Performance Package, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP Resonator Delete, Syntha Max blue air filter, Revan Racing shifter bushing, Michelin PSS tires, Lloyd GT500 mats, and yes the stock Shelby seats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page