2016 GT New Struts/Shocks/Springs - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2016 GT New Struts/Shocks/Springs

Looking for some feedback on options for lowering springs and adjustable shocks/struts. I have looked through old posts, but can't find much on this topic for the S550. Seemed to be plenty of posts when I researched lowering my S197, but assume that's due to the drastic difference in OEM suspension on the two models(with the S550 being much more capable out of the box). I have read as many reviews on the popular retail sites as I can, but always have to take those with a grain of salt. I will not be doing any track days, but definitely want the street handling performance and lowered look.

The setup that seems to best fit what I'm looking for is the Koni Sport: https://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/koni11451095.html

I'm not crazy about the fact that its not a direct fitment(requires drilling for the rear shock bracket to fit).

Here's what I'm looking for:
  • 1-1.2 inch drop in front/back
  • Adjustable compression/rebound
  • ~$1,800 max

I'm open to coilovers, but they seem to exceed my price range for adjustable rebound/compression. The height-only adjustable are on the cheaper side. If anyone has a similar setup to what I'm looking for, please let me know how you like it. I'm open for all suggestions within my price range and needs.

Also, maybe a long shot, but any suggestions for performance shops in the Louisville, KY area for an install?

2018 GT Base | Black | Auto | Roush Phase 1 Supercharger | Roush Triple Adjustable Coilovers | Forgestar 19X10, 19X11 wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018
PONY Member

I installed bc coilovers about 2 months ago and I am very happy with them. They are adjustable compression,rebound,height,and have caster camber plates. They cost around 1000-1200

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson3010 View Post
I installed bc coilovers about 2 months ago and I am very happy with them. They are adjustable compression,rebound,height,and have caster camber plates. They cost around 1000-1200
Thanks. Do you know the height adjustment range? Can't seem to find that anywhere. Any modifications, or direct replacement?

2018 GT Base | Black | Auto | Roush Phase 1 Supercharger | Roush Triple Adjustable Coilovers | Forgestar 19X10, 19X11 wheels

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2018
PONY Member

Height adjustment is 1-3 “ up or down and direct fit. No modifications needed
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018
Rookie

Garage
Send a message via AIM to goren813 Send a message via MSN to goren813 Send a message via Yahoo to goren813
A good set of coil overs is normally the preference, but as you stated can run the budget higher. I am going with Eibach Sport springs and Koni Yellows (adjustable). Have always heard good things about those Konis and had Eibach springs on my 2000 stang.

"Fast she goes, in the city of Overdose."
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

my understanding of the main benefits of coil-overs:
- adjustable for height
- higher spring rates and/or damping rates than available with normal shocks and springs
- adjustable damping

if those are things that you want/need, then they might be worth the extra $

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #7 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by goren813 View Post
A good set of coil overs is normally the preference, but as you stated can run the budget higher. I am going with Eibach Sport springs and Koni Yellows (adjustable). Have always heard good things about those Konis and had Eibach springs on my 2000 stang.
Thanks, would like to hear how you like your setup once you install. Basically the same I'm looking at except you're going with the Eibach springs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page