Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By JBert
  • 1 Post By MustangLife
  • 2 Post By JBert

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

My 2019 Bullitt has different size front and rear tires

First of all this must be a commonly known situation, but I couldn't find any thing on the forum search about it. My 2019 Bullitt has 255-40 ZR 19 front and 275-40 ZR 19 rears. What is the advantage to this? Are the wheels different sizes as well? Could I put the same size tires on all 4 wheels when it comes time for replacement? With the expensive rubber this car requires, I'd like to have the additional tire mileage that I might get from tire rotation. Other than an occasional track run, this car will be driven on roads in the U.S.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I'm pretty sure they have been doing that on the performance pack cars for a few years.

And I am not sure, but I think the wheels are 19x9.5 on all four corners. This should be listed in the literature somewhere, maybe on your window sticker; worst case, you can pull off a front and rear wheel and check the stamping on the back.

If so, yes you can run the same tires all around . . . if you want to save some money you could use the 255's all around but you'll lose some traction in the back; or 275's all around would be preferred for road track. Some tires are also available in 265/40 so that would be another choice (relatively limited options from as I recall)

Beechkid likes this.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019
PONY Member

Garage
The spec. sheet for the 2019 Bullit list the tire sizes as follows:

STANDARD

• 19-inch five spoke Heritage wheel bright-machined aluminum with high gloss black-painted pockets
  • P255/40R19 front, P275/40R19 rear summer-only tires
  • Tire inflator and Sealant kit.
As others have advised, you have some options as it relates to tire sizes.

2006 GT, Strut Tower Brace, Gas Hood Struts, FR Intake Plenum cover, Metal Fuse Box cover, Moroso brake reservoir cover, Rear shock tower brace, Front Bumper Lip Spoiler, JVC DVD Head unit w/ back-up camera, satellite Radio and USB input, 2 - 12" sub-woofers, 4 - 6"x8" speakers, 2 - 6.5" speakers to replace the door subs, 3 amplifiers, LED lights under the hood and in the trunk, chrome e-handle on parking brake handle, chrome cup holder trim, and trunk lid cover with running pony emblem.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

The wider rear tires are for better traction. 275's on all four corners shouldn't be a problem though.

Pete

2014 Shelby GT500:Delivered 4/3/13, Black/Black stripes/Black interior, SVT Track Package, SVT Performance Package, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP Resonator Delete, Syntha Max blue air filter, Revan Racing shifter bushing, Michelin PSS tires, Lloyd GT500 mats, and yes the stock Shelby seats.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huberoy123 View Post
The spec. sheet for the 2019 Bullit list the tire sizes as follows:

STANDARD

• 19-inch five spoke Heritage wheel bright-machined aluminum with high gloss black-painted pockets
  • P255/40R19 front, P275/40R19 rear summer-only tires
  • Tire inflator and Sealant kit.
As others have advised, you have some options as it relates to tire sizes.
unfortunately this does not list the wheel widths, which is what you need to know for tire sizing/fitment . . . the fall-back approach to find out the width, is to take the wheel off the car and look at the back of it

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

According to this spec sheet: https://www.thecarconnection.com/spe...llitt-fastback the fronts are 19x9 and the rears are 19x9.5

Pete

2014 Shelby GT500:Delivered 4/3/13, Black/Black stripes/Black interior, SVT Track Package, SVT Performance Package, JLT Oil Seperator, FRPP Resonator Delete, Syntha Max blue air filter, Revan Racing shifter bushing, Michelin PSS tires, Lloyd GT500 mats, and yes the stock Shelby seats.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019
Apprentice

Yeah totally normal. You have the same staggered setup as a performance package GT just with the old school Heritage style wheels. You get to have better traction with this setup, if you ever tried launching a base spec Mustang GT, you would appreciate the staggered tires.

Retired but not forgotten
2014 Mustang V6 Performance Pack, Airaid CAI, Automatic 3.31
stock 0-60: 5.8 seconds
tune and cai: 5.2 seconds
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019
SENIOR AFM MEMBER
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
As others have stated this is 100% normal and nothing to worry about. It is actually preffered setup for performance cars. My wife family never understands because like you they want to rotate and change tires less often. I didn't buy the car to save money on gas, tires, and things like that I bought the car to have fun. I tell people if they car about gas mileage, tire cost/low life of tires, and things like that they may be looking at the wrong car to buy. haha

Congrats on your Bullitt though and hope you enjoy the car and it sees some road miles and not all garage time like many specialty Mustangs and cars go to live. I am a full believer of driving the cars I buy and not saving them for the next owner. haha
Old Goat Ninja likes this.

Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9.)
2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT (I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Grimaldi View Post
According to this spec sheet: https://www.thecarconnection.com/spe...llitt-fastback the fronts are 19x9 and the rears are 19x9.5

Pete
thanks Pete -- now that we know that, we can answer the earlier question --

yes, you can put the same tires on all four corners, but it will be a little weird since the front and rear wheels are different; and tire rotation will be limited because you really don't want the 9.5" wheels on the front . . . if the tires are not directional, you can rotate the tires side-to-side, but not front-to-back

personally I think tire rotation is over-rated anyway; there is no law of man or nature that says you have to replace all 4 tires at the same time; you can just replace in pairs when they wear out
HuntingKy and crjackson2134 like this.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the info. Although the car is on stands now, in Wisconsin, my intention is to drive it. I think I'll stay with the current setup as far as wheels go. Thanks for all the kind responses, but I fell in love with Mustangs late in life and have a lot to learn!
PONY Member

Build it up the way you want. You can do 295-305 up front just get custom wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page