Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By JBert
  • 1 Post By Jackson3010
  • 1 Post By Beechkid

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019 Thread Starter
Apprentice

SYNTHETIC BLEND OIL by Ford

Just got a 2019 GT Conv. Need for Green Color!

Ford is recommending SYNTHETIC BLEND OIL and a oil change @6500 to 8500 Miles.

I know Mobil 1 Synthetic is better than SYNTHETIC BLEND OIL,

Who has used Fords SYNTHETIC BLEND OIL over 100,000 miles
With oil changes @ 7500 miles?

1965 Mustang 289 Auto
1967 Mustang Fastback 289 4-Speed
1991 Toyota MR2 2.4 turbo 5-Speed
2005 Mustang Conv. Premium Auto
2007 Mustang GT Premium Auto
2013 Mustang V6 Premium Auto Convt. GHIG
2019 Mustang GT Premium Auto Convt. Need for Green
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I'm not sure how many S550 owners hit 100,000 miles yet but i have used syn-blend and Ford filters exclusively in my S197 Mustang's. The 2006 V6 had over 125,000 miles when I sold it and the 2012 GT has over 117,000 miles. It does not consume oil or tick and has held up well with the super charger too.

For normal use you will be fine using any quality oil meeting Ford specification. Use a quality filter and follow the recommended service intervals.

----------------------------
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 RIP
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I haven't actually used it, but yep the Motorcraft blend should be fine if changed on schedule, and I'd never put clean oil through a dirty filter (though my wife's Honda maintenance schedule only recommends changing the filter every-other oil change)

I use "better" oil because I feel less bad when I don't change it right on time . . . my favorite, for price and availability, is Mobil 1 EP from Walmart at about $28/5 quarts
Beechkid likes this.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

The price of that 5 qt jug covers the cost of 2 qts of the oil wal mart carries for one of my other cars. Penn 0-40 ultra platinum SRT oil. Currently 11.90 a qt, down from 17. Not available in bulk.

We can be thankful Ford is not in cahoots with oil companies making special blends for the 5.0.

----------------------------
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 RIP
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold

Last edited by ONEZ ST; 08-28-2019 at 07:19 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019
PONY Member

Use ford or ford approved oils or kiss your warranty bye bye. Most people would be surprised how poorly there favorite big name brand oils hold up compared
To others
Beechkid likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I use the MotorCraft full synthetic and I have Ford change my oil every 5,000 miles. If anything were to happen to the motor I can at least show that Ford has done all the maintenance on the vehicle

2014 GT Premium, Track Pack, Barton shifter, Borla S-type exhaust, Resonator delete, 3.73 gears, Airaid C.A.I., 93 Race Tune, JLT Oil Separator
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019
BOSS Member

IMHO, Ford (like every other oem mfg in the world) is in financial trouble.....I won't go into detail but I just gave a presentation on this (industry specific) to Rotary International...Ö. Ford like the others, will look for ANY reason to void a potential warranty paid repair.....and the dealers and techs (though online training programs) are being reminded of their responsibilities..... as such, use MC oil & filters, etc. exclusively through your warranty duration.

Now, imho, MC oil and filters are really a very high quality product (which if you go to other mfgs for the same type you will pay a lot more $).

I am also not a fan of "extended oil change duration" and IMHO the oil life monitor is only a "idiot type" gauge...meaning it is the ecm software that based upon your driving style & operating conditions assesses the need for oil change frequency based upon a "value system" created by the engineers and oil companies. I'm not saying they are wrong, but.... no ,matter what study/analysis has been done in the past 30 years, there is one thing that is consistent...Ö.. 1) oil additives begin breaking down at about 1,500 miles (not that the oil is "bad" at this point, but degradation is starting) and 2) OEM oil filters at around 15-20 microns, no automotive oil filter can filter at greater than 10 microns, anything more than that, oil flow issignificantly reduced and the engine is starved. 3) Oil filter bypass valves typically begin allowing unfiltered oil to pass at about 90 days and 4), Oil analysis (labs), unless they are a "Certified/Licensed laboratory" (which most all of the more popular referenced "labs' are not), I would consider the results as an "indicator" as compared to a real, scientific based analysis. So, in addition to oem oil change frequency, I would definitely change the filter every 90 days (regardless) and if I'm running consistently in heavy traffic type conditions (like downtown LA) then I would change oil & filter every 3500 miles...Ö.running the freeways...easy cruising....change the oil every 4500-5000 miles max.

The hydraulic timing chain tensioners are the ones IMHO that 1st suffer as a result of extended oil change duration as their oil feed oils are very tiny...and carbon related particulates are going the block those very easily...Ö and that is an expensive bill even if you do it yourself.

but perhaps this video gives a much better overview...Ö

Jeremy Weigel likes this.

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Apprentice

My daughters 2019, she opted for the full warranty & service 75,000 mile everything is covered Windshield wiper to oil changes, all costs covered.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1491.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	578.8 KB
ID:	611867  

1965 Mustang 289 Auto
1967 Mustang Fastback 289 4-Speed
1991 Toyota MR2 2.4 turbo 5-Speed
2005 Mustang Conv. Premium Auto
2007 Mustang GT Premium Auto
2013 Mustang V6 Premium Auto Convt. GHIG
2019 Mustang GT Premium Auto Convt. Need for Green
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page