Ford Mustang Forum banner

You won’t believe the B.S

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  07redstang 
#1 ·
I got my 2015 gt at 17,000 miles and the car looked like new handles like new awesome car. I put on a centrifugal supercharger don’t want to say the name but it is a professional supercharger company. I used there complete kit and tune, the car was crazy fast like too fast for the little boost they claim. I check boost and it is 14ish so I called the company and sent alog and I’m reassured that all if fine. Week later the engine plays pop goes the weasel. The pro supercharger company says that it has nothing to do with the tuning or the kit. After tear down it obviously detonated so they are full of it. I bought this kit because it is the safest for your car. Well that’s B.S. so they refuse any assistance.

#2 ·
You won’t believe the B.S part 2

After tear down I can tell the engine has been rebuilt before and not very good. So contact warranty company and refused to pay because when the tow company loaded and unloaded the car they drove it causing further damage. My wife told the tow driver not to start the engine per the warranty company. He didn’t listen and the shop tells warranty company so no coverage.
Call tow company and they refused to help or give there insurance information.
Ok I take the car home and start ordering parts. New pistons, rods, bearings, rings, take block to machine shop for boring and they crack the block. The machine shop does buy me a new block at least I can say that. Only problem is the gen2 block is discontinued.

#3 ·
I find a new block on the other side of the U.S I pay all that I’m told I have to pay with machine shops cash so I’m square with the machine shop. The new block is new so I don’t want to bore it so I ordered another set of $800 boss pistons at this point i decide that everything else Is new so i ordered new boss crank. Two weeks later still no block so I called them and they said I still owe $150.00 and now the machine shop is off the hook so I complain enough that they ship it for no additional cost. Now I have everything but the crank that for some reason never shipped tell I called Thursday. I talked to my insurance broker and my insurance will cover everything but i have to file a claim and I’m not sure I want to do that now that all is paid for. Just waiting on the crank. In the meantime I had the pistons ceramic coated as well as the intake ports Exhaust ports and combustion chamber

#4 ·
Good Lord man, it sounds like if not for bad luck you would have none at all. Sorry to hear all this, seems like you should be able to hold someone responsible or multiple parties but unfortunately you may need to hire a lawyer to do so. Best of luck.

#6 ·
Why is all this being posted in three separate threads all within 1hr? Maybe a mod can combine your 3 threads into 1 thread for easy reading and following...

Anyway with that said after reading all 3 separate threads it seems a bad situation, but all is panning out as you aren't coming out of pocket right? Thats all great if that is the case. Hoping you will have it back on the road and enjoying it all soon!

#8 ·
Right now I’m paying out of pocket. I can get reimbursed if I file a claim. I wasn’t gonna file a claim but it is getting a little expensive. Local dealership quoted me 13,500 for a new engine but that’s with a gen 3 short block as the gen 2 is discontinued

#11 ·
I'm curious about the motor work you discovered when you tore it down.

You bought the car with 17,000 miles. How many miles on the car now when the engine shelled? I pressume its outside the drivetrain warranty.

It does NOT sound like you rebuilt the engine after buying it so I'm curious how a car had an engine rebuild before it turned over 17,000 miles while still under warranty and it was not disclosed through records. Carfax or OASIS.

If the rebuild was indeed crappy then it seems to me a failure was destined to happen with or without the adder.

#12 ·
The car had 60,912 miles at the time failure.The car is under extended warranty The cause of failure was detonation and ring land failure on 3 cylinders not sure what happened first.
I found pieces of piston everywhere so I’m sure that the warranty company is correct that the tow driver caused additional damage but not to any part that wasn’t going to have to be replaced already
It is in the contract that continued use after failure will result in no coverage for that repair and possible loss of coverage completely. They just wanted a way out so they found one
After tear down there were signs of a prior rebuild like bearings weren’t fomoco,oil pump gear backwards, Copper coated gaskets, mostly minor things except the engine was honed way to much and it looks like they did it at home with a parts store hone and just held it in one spot at a time for a long time so there is no crosshatching in any cylinder. The engine has no sign of anything that would cause a failure caused by the rebuild. just not As efficient as it could have been. Now all that being said I’m sure the boost would have expedited the wear but not in a matter Of 2 weeks.
In the picture You can see the top ring exposed, pistons are cracked and have holes blown Completely through 2 of them. The picture is from scoping the cylinders. I have the pistons somewhere I’ll get pictures up for everyone.
I’m not sure how the engine was gone through with less than 17,000 miles and nothing reported unless someone half a$$ed it. Themselves without saying anything then traded it in

Attachments

#13 ·
Also I forgot that after the engine gave out and I talked to supercharger company. At some point they asked what pulley I was running. I never checked sense it can’t be changed without voiding the warranty plus they said datalog was good. So I forgot about that, well turns out that it is 3.70 and the kit should come with 4.00 but of course it can’t have anything to do with there kit right. The stock fuel system can’t keep up with that kinda boost and they know it. The pulley is still mounted with there tamper proof hardware. They don’t care

#14 ·
I don't understand where there could be a claim with the addition of the adder. When you add these products its at your own risk. An engine that ate itself up through detonation caused by aftermarket parts is not the problem of the rebuilder nor would it be covered under a warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.