Best All Season Performance Tire for a S550 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Grimbrand

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020 Thread Starter
Rookie

Garage
Best All Season Performance Tire for a S550

Anyone swapped out their Performance Pack summer tires out for all season tires? I live in Minnesota and lose a month or more of driving my 17 Mustang GT since these summer tires are pretty worthless even on a clear, warm day if the temp is 40 degrees. Even at 50 degrees those summer tires are questionable.
Looking for a nice performance tire but not a summer tire.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020
BOSS Member

I'm a fan of yokohama, running the YK series on almost everything for about 20 years now....

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Grimbrand
I got a steal on a new set of Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring A/S All-Season tires, recently. My car's not running yet, and I haven't got them on, but they look great and reviews say they're pretty good. I'm sure looking forward to trying 'em out. It was mighty hard to argue with the price - I got them for only $68/tire

Edit: Aw, crud. Just realized that this thread's not in the 'classic' forums - so these tires aren't too likely to be right for your 2015+ Mustang. They'll be great for my 53+ year old Cougar though.
my89foxbody and Beechkid like this.

I smile a lot. It makes people wonder what I'm up to...

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020
MACH I Member

Garage
Cooper Tires have been surprisingly competitive lately, going up against some big tire makers.

IF MY CAR WENT AS FAST AS THE MONEY I SPEND ON IT, I'D WIN EVERY RACE
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020
PONY Member

The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ and the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 are generally considered to be the best of the high performance all seasons.

My wife's Dodge came with Yokohama Avid high performance all seasons and i put the DWS06 on last fall and the improvement in handling, comfort and road noise was amazing.

Dave
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
PONY Member

I had nitto nt555 g2 305/35/19 and those tires will get you killed. They let go where Costco tires half the size hold. So trashed them for bfg gforce comp2. Best tire I have ever run so far
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 14 Hours Ago
Rookie

I had the same issue to face this Fall. I went with Continental Extreme 20 and love them.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 4 Hours Ago
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
I went with Sumitomo only because I know that they use to own Dunlop before selling that name brand to Good Year in the 90's and I always ran Dunlop tires. Their pricing is reasonable because they don't advertise like big guys.

http://www.sumitomotire.com/tires/find

2014 GT Premium, Track Pack, Barton shifter, Borla S-type exhaust, Resonator delete, 3.73 gears, Airaid C.A.I., 93 Race Tune, JLT Oil Separator
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 1 Hour Ago
PONY Member

Garage
I'm running Good year Eagle Asymmetrical A/S. They handle well, and came with a $200 rebate. If I had the money, I would have went with the Michelin A/S.

2006 GT, Strut Tower Brace, Gas Hood Struts, FR Intake Plenum cover, Metal Fuse Box cover, Moroso brake reservoir cover, Rear shock tower brace, Front Bumper Lip Spoiler, JVC DVD Head unit w/ back-up camera, satellite Radio and USB input, 2 - 12" sub-woofers, 4 - 6"x8" speakers, 2 - 6.5" speakers to replace the door subs, 3 amplifiers, LED lights under the hood and in the trunk, chrome e-handle on parking brake handle, chrome cup holder trim, and trunk lid cover with running pony emblem.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page