2015 Mustang 50 Year Limited Edition - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

2015 Mustang 50 Year Limited Edition

Not sure what I just saw tonight down at my local Ford dealership and need some help. Unfortunately, no window sticker! I think it could have possibly been a 50 Year Limited Edition, but not positive. My biggest concern is that it was a black exterior (not Wimbledon White or Kona Blue). My understanding is those are the only two available exterior color options on the Limited Edition. It also did not have the unique louvered rear windows.

What makes me think it could be the Limited Edition are that's this Black 5.0 had a unique 50 Years rear faux gas cap; chrome trim around the taillamps, which I'd never seen before and the corral chrome treatment up front in the grill around the horse. There was an Ingot Silver 2015 GT parked just next to it and the silver one definitely didn't have any of that stuff. "50 Years" was also embossed in to the seat backs up front, but they weren't two-toned, as its reported the 50 Year Limited Edition interiors are supposed to be. Seats appeared to be black.

Finally, it didn't have the unique Limited Edition rims. It was equipped with the black gloss GT track pack rims. My understanding is you can get the GT Track Pack on the Limited Edition and if you do, it comes with the black rims, not the Limited Edition ones. So that seems right I guess.

My confusion lies in the Black exterior and the non-unique rear louvered glass.

Present: 2013 Ford Mustang GT premium coupe in Deep Impact Blue metallic. 400A, Black leather interior, 6-spd manual transmission, Brembo package. Original owner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014
Apprentice

It's a regular GT with the 50 year appearance package. The appearance package is available on Eco-Premiums and GT-premiums.

Current: 2014 V6 Mustang Premium, Automatic Transmission, Oxford White, Safety & Security Package.

Previous: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS, bone-stock except for automatic transmission.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14MustangV6 View Post
It's a regular GT with the 50 year appearance package. The appearance package is available on Eco-Premiums and GT-premiums.
There you have it, thanks!

Present: 2013 Ford Mustang GT premium coupe in Deep Impact Blue metallic. 400A, Black leather interior, 6-spd manual transmission, Brembo package. Original owner.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015
Rookie

The easiest way to tell at a glance, if has the louvered back windows and chrome around the windows and black interior with white inserts it's a 50th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page