Is 50th Anniversary Price High - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Is 50th Anniversary Price High

I have been watching the Mustang GT 50th anniversary models on Ebay and I have yet to see one sell. Is the consensus in the mustang community price to high. Will these fade away over time or will it go down as one of the jewels to have. Earlier anniversary models don't bring that much more than other models.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015
BOSS Member

IMHO...I have a brother in law (Mr. I know everything about cars because I read the mags), who insisted the 2007 (IIR) shelby optioned mustang was going to be worth a fortune and paid $50K for it.....I explained to him that the car was nothing more than a dressed up GT with an Eibach built suspension and brembo brakes...and he could literally built the same car new for $5k or less (if he had the dealer do it) or about $2500 if he did it himself......but nooooooo

3 years later he literally could not give the thing away, ended up trading it in on a new F150 4x4 and took a bath on it...just like the rest did who bought the PR thing!!!!!!!!!

The mustang is just another high volume, high production, mass produced vehicle with some nice options available....nothing more, nothing less.

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015
PONY Member

Yep, unless you have a really special edition like a 03-04 Cobra or Boss, it's just another car.

2012 Mustang GT Premium
BLACK on BLACK 401A. A6, HIDs, Security, Rear Camera+Reverse Sensing, Remote Start, Comfort.
-Roush Axle-backs
(Planning on CAI/Tune then I'll be good)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Cool car but I definitely would not buy thinking it's an investment. It will be like any other new vehicle and depreciate like crazy.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

I bought my wife a 2001 Cobra convertible, it only has 16,000 miles on it and a 03 or 04 Cobra with 80k brings more money. I read somewhere that the 03 04 Cobra made Chevrolet re thank the corvette.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015
Rookie

A spotless 50th Anniversary might be worth something in say, 50 years. Then again, any '15 in spotless condition will be worth something by then. It's going to take time to whittle down the herd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page