Traction control and winter driving - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Traction control and winter driving

I have a 2015 5.0 automatic. The traction control really sucks on ice. I was driving home from a coffee with a friend today, it has been snowing here for the last 3 days and the streets are snow packed and intersections are really icy. I stopped at one really bad one and couldn't get going even with my blizzaks because there was no power going to the back wheels at all. The driver behind me (a girl) got out of her car and pushed me so I could get going. Found that it was better to turn the traction control right off when driving on a slippery road. Kind of self defeating and annoying for me and other drivers. Bad programming? Anyone else experience this?

2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Anniversary, Ruby Red coupe. Staggered fit 19 inch wheels from American Muscle. Front tires are Sumitomo 245/45 19, rears are Sumitomo 275/40 19. Sound tube deleted, resonator deleted, replaced with h-pipe, Bama tune, custom sub woofer with Rockford Fosgate P3D4 10 inch subwoofer driven by and Alpine MRV 500M mono power amp. Replaced Sync 2 with Sync 3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016
GT Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
When I had my '06 W/TC (mine was a 4.0) I left it on all the time. I never had trouble stopping or starting from a stop light.

And also had the OEM Perelli tires on her. took me 2.5 hrs to go 30 miles but made it home safe

Don't really know if this helps you at all just telling you what had happened to me.

"ONX PNY"

2009 MUSTANG (45TH Aniversary) premium w/pony package.
AUTO, Leather, IUP, Kenwood DDX393/Speakers
A.M Bullitt wheels W/custom center caps
RAXIOM RETRO'S Black turn signals/Tinted rear bumper lights cobra Roadster hood that's functional and many other mods

Yes I know my user name doesn't match my car color

1966 coupe 289 2V C code factory BENCH/P/S
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
When I was stationed in Virginia, I figured out the same thing. on snow and ice, with the traction control on, it would spin one wheel at a time and alternate. with the traction control off, it pun both wheels together. I am stationed in Hawaii now and don't have that problem here...

'08 GT; JLT-3 CAI; GMS 62mm TB; FRPP Hot Rod Cams; Headers; Excel super coils; Ford Racing intake; BAMA SCT4 programmer; Axle back Exhaust; off road X pipes; 4.10 Gears; TCI street fighter shifter; 275/40/18 rear tires; 1.5" wheel spacers in rear; Glow Shift Gauges in triple pillar pod; underdrive pulleys, 1.5" front end lowered; shift light; racing harnesses on both sides; tower brace; Ford Racing valve covers; JLT oil separator; adjustable panhard bar; Ported/polished heads, many more mods

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Lucky you . Thinking back on this, I remember getting my '05 GT dyno'd after installing a supercharger, same thing happened in that with the back wheels on the rollers, pressing on the gas did nada. Had to turn the TC off to get power to the wheels, guesds it's the same on sheer ice!

2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Anniversary, Ruby Red coupe. Staggered fit 19 inch wheels from American Muscle. Front tires are Sumitomo 245/45 19, rears are Sumitomo 275/40 19. Sound tube deleted, resonator deleted, replaced with h-pipe, Bama tune, custom sub woofer with Rockford Fosgate P3D4 10 inch subwoofer driven by and Alpine MRV 500M mono power amp. Replaced Sync 2 with Sync 3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page