What's the best exhaust for 2015 Mustang GT? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Here is a video of my GT idling with BBK Headers, Pypes O/R X-pipes, and MBRP axel backs.

'08 GT; JLT-3 CAI; GMS 62mm TB; FRPP Hot Rod Cams; Headers; Excel super coils; Ford Racing intake; BAMA SCT4 programmer; Axle back Exhaust; off road X pipes; 4.10 Gears; TCI street fighter shifter; 275/40/18 rear tires; 1.5" wheel spacers in rear; Glow Shift Gauges in triple pillar pod; underdrive pulleys, 1.5" front end lowered; shift light; racing harnesses on both sides; tower brace; Ford Racing valve covers; JLT oil separator; adjustable panhard bar; Ported/polished heads, many more mods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Garage
Awe Man! That's sick! SC is on my list down the road..

2016 GT Premium Coupe|Equipment Group 401A|GT Performance Package
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswolf63 View Post
Awe Man! That's sick! SC is on my list down the road..
Thanks man.

'08 GT; JLT-3 CAI; GMS 62mm TB; FRPP Hot Rod Cams; Headers; Excel super coils; Ford Racing intake; BAMA SCT4 programmer; Axle back Exhaust; off road X pipes; 4.10 Gears; TCI street fighter shifter; 275/40/18 rear tires; 1.5" wheel spacers in rear; Glow Shift Gauges in triple pillar pod; underdrive pulleys, 1.5" front end lowered; shift light; racing harnesses on both sides; tower brace; Ford Racing valve covers; JLT oil separator; adjustable panhard bar; Ported/polished heads, many more mods

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Yeah, the dreaded 6th gear drone was killing me with the Magnaflow Competition Series. I have the PP with the 373's and cruise on the highway mostly to and from work so 6th gear is a must for me. I've been told the Ford Racing Catback's are good too. I think they're pretty much Borla, so the exhaust note will be higher.
I've found that a 37 degree clockwise rotation of the volume knob on my stereo eliminates all drone
chriswolf63 likes this.

2016 GT/CS - Axle Back Flowmasters - Previous GTs (2000 - 2005 - 2012)
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife View Post
What is different in the base and premium as far as engine and exhaust? That is a first I have ever heard or seen in all my years and 9 mustangs I have owned. Not saying you are wrong just saying I don't understand why.
The difference is the rear valence, it is different in each model. Look up exhausts on AmericanMuscle or CJPonyParts and you'll see some are specified for the premium model. Sorry for being unclear earlier.
Rookie

Pype bomb on mine. Sounds great. Less than $300, 2 hr to install.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Rookie

Quote:
I like the Magnaflow CatBack's. They are very throaty. It all depends on what you are looking for in exhaust note. The Borla's are more pitchy. First I bought the Magnaflow Competition Catbacks. They were a little too aggressive. Then I bought the Magnaflow Street Kit. Much more to my taste. Now I have set of Magnaflow Competition Catback's just sitting in my garage taking up space.
I've got the street on mine right now and it is perfect for everyday but when I got on runs/races it is a little too soft. Wondering if you happen to still have the competition cat backs sitting in your garage? Also are the chrome tipped? Would be interested in buying them.

Thanks,
Alex
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, the dreaded 6th gear drone was killing me with the Magnaflow Competition Series. I have the PP with the 373's and cruise on the highway mostly to and from work so 6th gear is a must for me. I've been told the Ford Racing Catback's are good too. I think they're pretty much Borla, so the exhaust note will be higher.
I have a 2015 GT Premium. I installed the Ford Performance by Borla 'Touring' cat-back system and I love the sound. Borla has Touring, Sport and ATAK systems. There was no distinction between base and premium models. I got the Touring system because I wanted less volume. They sound great. Driving easy they have a nice mellow tone but when you stomp on it they scream quite well. I couldn't get any realistic idea of exhaust system sounds from computer sound bites. I agree that the only foolproof way is to listen to cars with the different systems installed, live in person. The Borla system doesn't have the drone that my Bassani cat-back system had on an '06 GT.
Rookie

best exhaust

Roush axelback and X-Pipe , LOUD , INTIMIDATING , AND NO DRONE .

2015 Competition Orange Premium GT with PP and 401a , tint ,Craigs plate bracket , supersnake stripes , x-pipe , Roush axel back , Mishimoto CAI
Rookie

"Best" is an extremely subjective term, and kind of a foolish question to ask because it's too vague. The answer depends on your end goal. The great thing about the Mustang is the huge support from both aftermarket companies and the community alike, to be able to achieve just about anything you want for personalizing your car.

There are way too many options to cover in a single post, so instead (I'm sure others have touched on this) I'll point out the obvious. X-Pipes typically give a more aggressive, higher tone during higher RPM's, while H-Pipe's give a more throaty, deeper tone during lower/higher RPM's.

I personally run the Roush Axle's with a Lethal Performance H-Pipe and the note is exactly where I want it. It is loud, louder than I actually expected but I enjoy it. There is zero drone under 70 mph and minimal levels of drone for highway cruising.

Your best bet is to not rush into it and view as many videos as you can, go to as many car shows (with heavy mustang populations) to get an in-person listen, as you can. It helps a lot.

Good Luck!
Rookie

I love my Gibson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page