Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Travis98146
  • 1 Post By Beechkid
  • 1 Post By JBert

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Roush cold air intake

I recently installed a roush cold air intake(not tuned) on my 2019 gt. Whenever I get on it the car loses power and the wrench symbol comes on. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018
PONY Member

Garage
The old adage "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind. Put everything back the way it was and see if the problem continues.

huberoy123 likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018
BOSS Member

Well, IMHO, with regards to Rousch products, most are no better or worse than any of the aftermarket industry...IE...it probably either has a leak in it somewhere or the sensor position has been relocated just enough to cause a CEL and other driveability issues because of poor engineering.....

If you want it for bling, ok, otherwise the oe unit is a cai and will flow about 10% more cfm than the engine can injest without a supercharger, etc.
huberoy123 likes this.

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron5580 View Post
I recently installed a roush cold air intake(not tuned) on my 2019 gt. Whenever I get on it the car loses power and the wrench symbol comes on. Any ideas? Thanks.
Does that intake require a tune? If yes, then it needs the tune, or it will not run right.

The reason for this, would be that the mass air flow metering section, basically the "tube", is bigger diameter than the stock intake. This makes the readings from the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor wrong and the computer "commands" the wrong fuel from the injectors, based on those wrong air flow readings. The "tune" must be corrected so the MAF readings are correct and then everything will work like it should.

If that intake is "no tune required" then it must be something else, such as a leak somewhere (again the basic issue is probably that the MAF sensor is giving the computer bad information)

Some earlier versions of the Roush intake had an insert inside, that would allow you to run it without a tune with the insert installed; then you could remove the insert when you got the appropriate tune. I don't know if this is the case with your intake, but if it did come with an insert, make sure the insert is installed correctly.
Pete Grimaldi likes this.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day

Last edited by JBert; 12-28-2018 at 10:51 AM. Reason: more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page