Traction? How Are Others Getting Power to Pavement? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by djl45 View Post
If you are thinking of a local resource in particular; please let me know and I will certainly check them out.
I retired 16 years ago and left the area. At that time there were multiple Mustang Speed shops around with good reputations. Iíve been gone to long to make an endorsement. I just wanted you to think about local before making the long distance trek, but it seems you have already looked into this and decided on Brenspeed. Seems an excellent choice from what Iíve read.

2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo - (Lucille-2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

The simple answer is to not just crush the accelerator without any idea how to get it to work without breaking loose the tires. Practice with the car and learn it's tendencies and anticipate what it will do under the current conditions and know how far you can push it before you lose it.
It sounds like a skill problem more than a car problem. I bet a different driver could drive the car to it's limits without breaking it lose without changing tires or anything else.
Get to know the car and you will be fine.

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT'sGT View Post
The simple answer is to not just crush the accelerator without any idea how to get it to work without breaking loose the tires. Practice with the car and learn it's tendencies and anticipate what it will do under the current conditions and know how far you can push it before you lose it. It sounds like a skill problem more than a car problem. I bet a different driver could drive the car to it's limits without breaking it lose without changing tires or anything else. Get to know the car and you will be fine.
Good point and well taken. It has been a long time since I drove a car with this kind of power. The scary incident I encountered drove that point home in spades. I have taken it to heart and am slowly proceeding to learn limits of the car and paying more attention to situational awareness.

Rookie

I have P Zero Nero's and I love them.

Maybe it's just how I drive but with traction control on and my clutch work I barely ever break loose that bad even in WOT....

Even with traction off I've never once has the car get squirrely at WOT, much less break loose in third gear. The only way I would break loose in third would be slow sloppy clutch work and giving the car too much time to build revs so you're basically dumping the clutch on a shift.

2017 Mustang GT 3.55's stock P Zero Neros

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
PONY Member

If you think it's easy to lose control now, you'll really enjoy how much easier it is when you toss on a PD blower kit. The Roush and Whipple both use a bypass system which keeps the engine completely out of boost under light throttle. When you hit the gas a gate slams instantly shut and you are at full boost. Like flicking a light switch.

My car goes from -12 inches of vacuum at cruise to 9 psi of boost in a blink. No gentle transition like, say, a centri blower. Instant massive increase in torque/power. Not linear like you are experiencing now. It takes some getting used to. But you do. I hardly notice anymore when I'm half sideways.

You will love it.

2014 Gray Mustang

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page