2019 Performance Pack 2 and Lowering Suspension - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

2019 Performance Pack 2 and Lowering Suspension

Hi Everyone,

Im from Australia and have an MY 19 GT, I'm looking to buy the PP2 Front Splitter to add to GT.

Just wondering if any here with a PP2 and has lowered it, if there were any issues with scrapping the front extra lower splitter that comes wih the PP2.

Is there a safe height to lower if anything is safe?

Thanks

Tony

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I don't think there is a simple or definitive answer to this question, it depends on the obstacles in the areas where you drive and whether you will avoid them or not

I don't own a PP2 and haven't lowered it, but these cars are pretty low to start with . . . and yes the splitter does stick out . . . and if you lower the car then it will be lower . . . I would expect problems with things like curbs and steep driveway entrances . . . don't know what else to say.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago
GLOBAL MODERATOR
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Lowered vehicles are truly a double edge sword. They look menacing and have better hanging characteristics for the most part, but are very susceptible to road hazards and parking stops.

There is a product I use called Scrape Armor that installs on the underside of the front bumper. It functions as a skid plate for the front fascia and actually adds strength to the bottom of the bumper cover. Pricey but its saved my bacon a few times and it comes with a wear out warranty. The downside is the thickness of the product (1/4 inch guess) while not much, it does close the ground clearance a little. But it takes the punishment not the car.

https://www.scrapearmor.com

----------------------------
2012 Mustang GT, Roush 2300 Black
2006 Mustang V6 Manual Legend Lime Sold
2019 Charger Scat Pack White
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 060 RIP
2016 Jeep Willys Silver Vin 059 Sold

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for your responses
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
PONY Member

Ford sales one inch lowering springs and doesn’t recommend you go any lower. At one inch you still have plenty of room imo. I have extra spoiler under the front of my 15 and lowered 1 3/4 without issue
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
Rookie

I own a 19 GT PPL2. I have not lowered it.

The extra splitter will hit on standard height curbs so you have to be careful anyways.

I have managed to rub the underside a couple of times when entering or exiting a driveway that is too steep, but haven't had any problems with speed bumps (so far). Not a real issue though since I take it slow in those situations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page