• 1 Post By scottmach

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2016 Thread Starter
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Best 2016 5.0 Tunes?

Hello All,

Im looking to tune my car for the first time, Ive heard many people mention BAMA does a bad job on the 2015+ 5.0's. Ive heard LUND is good tunes, but they are like $200 each, so If i change mods i would need another $200 tune?

Ive looked into Steeda and Lund right now. Steeda does unlimited changes to your tune with new mods.

2016 Mustang GT 5.0 Magnetic Metallic Performance Package
Interior - Recaro Bucket Seats, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Diode Dynamics LED Visor Mirror Lights, LED Glove Box Light, LED Trunk Light, and LED Map Light
Exterior -Dealer Installed Shelby GT350 Racing Stripes, SunTek Carbon 15% Tint, Diode Dynamics LED Switchback Blinkers, LED Reverse Light
Performance - MBRP Race Series 3" Catback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2016
PONY Member

Lund gives free revisions with no extra charge and I would run their tune over Steeda any day of the week.

2015 Mustang GT Premium Sold

2011 Mustang GT Premium Sold

2003 Mach1 Sold
2.3 Whipple, fully built motor with all the bolt-ons 718 rwhp/735 rwtq Sold
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortySmalls View Post
Hello All,

Im looking to tune my car for the first time, Ive heard many people mention BAMA does a bad job on the 2015+ 5.0's. Ive heard LUND is good tunes, but they are like $200 each, so If i change mods i would need another $200 tune?

Ive looked into Steeda and Lund right now. Steeda does unlimited changes to your tune with new mods.
did steeda cold air intake and tune and its been a month now with no issues and I'm very happy about communication and support.

2016 Mustang GT Magnetic Metallic Performance Package
Roush Axleback, Ford Racing X Pipe, VOGTLAND SPORT 1.3"drop. Ford Performance Short Shifter, Steeda Cold Air Intake, Steeda Tune. 305/30/20 265/35/20 Nitto NT555 G2
2014 Mustang GT
K&N CAI, BAMA TUNE, Barton Short shifter & Bracket, Roush Axleback, Roush Front chin, Side splitters, Rear splitters. Ford Racing Springs. PP 19x10 rear 305/30/19 PP 19x8.5 255/35/19 ----SOLD----

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016 Thread Starter
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamboRL View Post
did steeda cold air intake and tune and its been a month now with no issues and I'm very happy about communication and support.
I was looking into their Cold air intake and tune package its a good deal it seems, but was wondering about their tune quality.

Also how many miles should i put on the car before I tune it? I know tuning voids your engine warranty, so I want to make sure I'm good to go before I void that. I got 700 miles on the car now.

Interior - Recaro Bucket Seats, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Diode Dynamics LED Visor Mirror Lights, LED Glove Box Light, LED Trunk Light, and LED Map Light
Exterior -Dealer Installed Shelby GT350 Racing Stripes, SunTek Carbon 15% Tint, Diode Dynamics LED Switchback Blinkers, LED Reverse Light
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
I was looking into their Cold air intake and tune package its a good deal it seems, but was wondering about their tune quality.

Also how many miles should i put on the car before I tune it? I know tuning voids your engine warranty, so I want to make sure I'm good to go before I void that. I got 700 miles on the car now.
to tell you frankly i just got my 16 GT PP last January 28 and i only have 350 miles on it. the dealer does not car about the tune in here (denver). had the car back on the dealer about a busted fuse and they are fine with it as long as you don't break the engine.

Roush Axleback, Ford Racing X Pipe, VOGTLAND SPORT 1.3"drop. Ford Performance Short Shifter, Steeda Cold Air Intake, Steeda Tune. 305/30/20 265/35/20 Nitto NT555 G2
2014 Mustang GT
K&N CAI, BAMA TUNE, Barton Short shifter & Bracket, Roush Axleback, Roush Front chin, Side splitters, Rear splitters. Ford Racing Springs. PP 19x10 rear 305/30/19 PP 19x8.5 255/35/19 ----SOLD----
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016 Thread Starter
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Hmm, So it seems Steeda's 20% discount still works from black Friday! Makes the Intake/Tune deal like $600 pretty great deal, wish my tax return would get here so I can jump on that! Was suppose to get it by the 27th Feb filed on the 6th.....

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016
Apprentice

Garage
Quote:
Hmm, So it seems Steeda's 20% discount still works from black Friday! Makes the Intake/Tune deal like $600 pretty great deal, wish my tax return would get here so I can jump on that! Was suppose to get it by the 27th Feb filed on the 6th.....
20% discount? could you send me a code for it

2014 Mustang GT
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016
PONY Member

Choosing a tune based on price isn't being very smart.
tamboRL likes this.

2015 Mustang GT Premium Sold

2011 Mustang GT Premium Sold

2003 Mach1 Sold
2.3 Whipple, fully built motor with all the bolt-ons 718 rwhp/735 rwtq Sold
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-16-2016
Rookie

Haven't seen Brenspeed mentioned in this thread yet. I've had a Steeda CAI and Brenspeed tune on my last 3 Mustangs(currently '15 GT) and they've been great. No issues at all, and their customer service is top-notch. They also offer the Steeda CAI and their tune in a package deal on their website. I suggest you do your research though. Don't just go after the best deal. This is your engine you're talking about. Good luck
Rookie
5.0L Member

Contact Adam Marrer at POPS Racing. My results are in my sig.

- Jayme
2015 Mustang GT A6 3.15
Airaid CAI + Green Filter + Velossa Tech, Lethal X Pipe & GT500 Axleback
93 Octane Tune by Adam Marrer at POPS Racing
11.88 @ 116mph
Quickest 93 Tune /CAI only A6 in the US?
2015 Mustang GT A6 3.15 (Wifes)
Green Panel Filter, Lethal X Pipe & Roush Axle Back.
12.33 @ 113mph
Quickest UNTUNED A6 in the US?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page