Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Concerns about Cams and headers
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2010 Thread Starter
RazgrizFX9
Apprentice
S197 Member

Concerns about Cams and headers

I'm seriously thinking about adding FRPP hot rod cams and Pypes long tube headers with an OR midpipe to my car. Opening the exhaust and getting that old-school Muscle car sound is one of the biggest reasons I bought my mustang in the first place!

I'm probably being over-concerned about this but here goes, My stang is a 2005 with around 35,000 miles. It's been meticulously cared for and had full synthetic oil changed every 3-5000 miles. I've had zero issues minus a faulty belt tensioner pulley that was replaced about 20k miles ago. I still have the stock 5r55s Auto trans. I know the Pypes headers will fit an auto stang. That's why I'm looking at them. However, doing this mod will certainly void the engine portion of the extended warranty I have on my car. Should I be worried about any excessive stress caused by the cams and headers on my engine or trans? The only other mods I have is CAI, SLP loudmouths, and a Bamachips tune. I plan on getting an updated tune from bama. I do daily drive this car in the Summer and I certainly don't want to do anything that will severely limit the car's life.

I'm probably being overly cautious, but any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome