Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Bama tune or Brenspeed tune?
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2010
PonyMike
Rookie
S197 Member

I started out with the Brenspeed tunes that came with the tuner I bought from them. Shortly thereafter I noticed a really bad dead spot from 2,000 to 2,500 rpm under light throttle (at least a 60% drop in power through that entire range). After an inquiry to them about this I was told it was the opening of the CMCVs. I replied that my '97 Cobra had a very different feel when its plates opened at 3,200 rpm, just a quick flutter with no dead spot. I was then told that they have sent this tune out hundreds of times and never had a problem before. That was it...no resolution, no suggestions, no offer to look at the tune. Due to their lack of customer support I gave Bama a shot.

The Bama tunes are great throughout the entire rpm range and make plenty of power, and I like having the different styles of tune...torque, performance and race, each with a unique feel. Since I have an Airaid intake that works fine with the stock tune, I don't have to "waste" a slot on the tuner for an 87 octane tune. If I'm traveling and can only find 87, it's just temporarily back to stock. Also makes smog checks a breeze.

2007 Mustang GT, 5-sp man, Airaid/Bama, Steeda UDPs, JBA Shorties, Bassani X (splice-in), DynoMax Ultra-Flo Mufflers, Shaftmasters 3.5", Vogtland Leveling Springs, J&M Camber Plates, Prothane MMs, Sequentials, CDC Classic, GT500 Spoiler, SHR Panel, MyColor Swap

1984 Capri RS 5.0 T-top, 5-sp man, Edelbrock Performer RPM, Holley Street Avenger 570cfm

1963 Vespa VNB 125cc

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome