Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Concerns about Cams and headers
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2010
yellowjohn1
Apprentice
S197 Member

This whole thing about hotrods not making any power is getting a little ridiculous really. They do make power if you get a good tune and you provide the supporting mods cams need to maximize performance. Specs have obviously been kept on the downlow for the Rockers, but I suspect they are nearly identical to the hotrods in the numbers. Brenspeed is really hyping them up to support their business but I think in reality, the performance is similar with either of them. The drivability stigma with hotrods is not credible either. This constantly regurgitated item is because for a long time, hardly anyone knew how to tune them properly. The good tuners now know how to get them dialed in so this is a non-issue unless you cut corners on who you get to do the tune. I got mine dyno tuned at Brenspeed and it drives EASIER now than it did stock thanks to the improved throttle response. Get either of the cams mentioned and you'll be happy.

FRPP hotrod cams, Steeda CMDP's, screaming yellow JLT CAI w/SCT tuner, screaming yellow Steeda powdercoated valve covers, FRPP 4.10's, Pypes LT w/hi-flow catted H, BMR LCA's, BMR strut tower brace, Mac axlebacks, Brenspeed dyno tune/shorty antenna/black 18x9.5 CS56 wheels

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome