Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheel/Fender Alignment...

4K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  hubkap 
#1 ·
Anyone out there running wheels/tires that extend BEYOND the fender/wheel well?

Or are all wheels typically in-line or inside the fender?

Looking at some wheel options and the backspacing is a little tight - wondering if a half inch to an inch outside the fender will still look ok.

Anyone with pics - would greatly help, thanks!

G
#2 ·
Since you have asked for opinions...wheels that stick out past the fenders do not look good. Not to mention the damage it will cause to your paint and some states will ticket for it. There is plenty of room to fit large wheels and tires under the fenders.

#5 ·
This pic doesn't do it justice...maybe I'll get a close up tomorrow for you.

Attachments

#6 ·
So you have what, 1/4" of rear suspension travel, if that, before hitting the bumpstops? After that it sure looks like they'd rub the fenders but you say they don't?

#8 ·
You want my opinion? Tires that extend past the wheel lip look cheap and stupid. Not saying the owners are just saying that is what I think when I look at it. The ghetto boys playing with their hotwheels cars and 13" rims let the tires stick out and their pants fall down.

I apologize to anyone who fits this description.

#11 ·
Was at a cruise in tonight, taking special notice of the wheels to wheel wells. Looks like 99% of what I saw was inside the fender, both new and old. Likely answering my own question - but opinions are always welcome.

Going to snap some shots of test fitting this weekend.

#12 ·
Even in the Tuner world they tried to keep the wheels inside the wheel well, 1 of the reasons for wide bodied kits.
My Mazda 3 was as close as I would have dared get to the outside of the wheel well.
It rubbed on tight left or right corners at speed going over a pretty good bump.

You can use a Wheel offset calculator to figure out how far out the new wheels will come to the edge of the wheel well
Wheel Offset Calculator

You will need the offset of the original wheels though.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.