Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 1st to 4th gear
Thread: 1st to 4th gear
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2010 Thread Starter
RCstang
Apprentice
S197 Member

1st to 4th gear

Over the weekend I went to a local place known for hot rods, muscle cars, pony cars, etc. Most people who walked by my car stopped and asked about the 5.0. The response to my Red CS Mustang GT was unbelievable. Mustang people stopped and drooled. People literally said "I don't like Mustangs but I love your car" It was crazy. So if you just got yours take it out to a car lover place and watch the reaction.

Anyway, one of the many people who talked to me about the car asked about the 1st to 4th thing. Most of you probably already know this but in case you don't. If you are driving the car in fuel saving mode. That means that you are shifting around 1000 to 1500. The car will lock out 2nd and 3rd gear and shift you into 4th gear. This is called skip shift and people are worried about it.

My take from driving a 2011 - I've only seen this happen 3 or 4 times and I was driving really, really easy. I think a 2500 shift is fuel saving so even then it doesn't happen. You have to be driving like a grandma or not paying attention for it to happen.

Just thought you guys might want to know so that you can address the question.
Ron

2011 Mustang GT/CS - Race Red, 5.0, 6-speed manual, 3.73, Comfort Package, Electronics Package, HID, Tinted Windows, Boss Splitter

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome