Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Ford's response about production hold
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2010 Thread Starter
wannapony
PONY Member

Ford's response about production hold

I sent Ford this email:

I've ordered a 2011 Mustang GT Premium from Ford of Kirkland, in Kirkland, WA. I just got a VIN, but the dealer says there is a producton hold. What is the reason for the hold, and when will it be resolved? From reading the Mustang forums, there seem to be numerous people complaining about their 2011 Mustangs being stuck on hold forever at Ramp 51. Is that the same problem, or are there multiple problems?

Ford's response was:

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding the order status of your 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium.

We sincerely apologize for the delay on the delivery of your 2011 Ford Mustang. In an effort to assist you, I have researched on your inquiry and our records indicate that your vehicle order is being processed.

Please be advised that there are a great number of variables that may affect production scheduling and delivery:

- Option packages
- Special powertrain combinations
- Delivery delays of components
- Certification and quality inspections
- Transportation of the vehicle to the specified Dealership

As such, it is not possible to guarantee a specific delivery date. Your sales representative at your selling Dealership is in the best position to track your vehicle order. We recommend contacting the Dealership's Sales Department for further assistance in this matter.

Thank you for contacting Ford.

Should you feel that we have not adequately addressed your questions, please feel free to contact us via telephone at (800)392-3673 between the hours of 8am and 5pm, local time, Monday through Friday. Hearing-impaired callers with access to a TDD may contact 1-800-232-5952.

Sincerely,
Marigold
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company

Looks like a pretty generic response - only slightly better than no response. So, kick back and wait.

2011 GT Coupe - candy red, auto, all the options
Mods - Roush supercharger, FRPP Sport axle-back mufflers, Forgestar CF5 gloss black staggered wheels

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome