Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Ford's response about production hold
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2010
adspru
MACH I Member
S197 Member

As many know, I work at a dealership. I had the oppertunity to talk with our regional rep on the phone today. He stated more or less that there were several powertrain issues they were resoloving. He also stated that the issues are not that big, but that the "new" person in charge of QC will not let the cars leave until they are perfect. Said even just a few years ago these cars may have shipped out and then been recalled or TSB'd. Also recieved a email.

"The vehicle is on quality control hold for various reason. As soon as the physical "re-works" have been done the vehicles will be released. They have not given us an ETA, but I will keep you posted."

I guess the fact that they are not "big" issues is a good thing, but I don't like not knowing what's going on either. I am slightly confused about the hold, as he stated they were not being released yet, but it seems to me that some are getting fixed and then being released after the "re-works"

Also, my car was sent offsite again, this time it says it went to "Jefferson" anyone else have their car go there?

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome