Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2011 V6 "Performance Package"
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2010 Thread Starter
richm2256
Apprentice

2011 V6 "Performance Package"

Don't know that anyone has posted this particular link regarding this package; I recall seeing one or two posts about it but nothing specifically from Ford. I've joined a number of forums these past two weeks as I research buying a 2011 Mustang V6 convertible, and found this on a Ford-direct site:

2011 FORD MUSTANG V-6 PERFORMANCE PACKAGE BOOSTS HANDLING, BRAKING; CAR NOW ROAD-COURSE READY | Ford Motor Company Newsroom

Specifically says:

The new Performance Package delivers on fast, fun and affordable, combining the all-new 2011 V-6 with Mustang GT prowess, said Dave Pericak, Mustang chief nameplate engineer. Its a true sports car for the new generation and a smart choice for the environmentally-conscious enthusiast. It is a perfect marriage of power, performance and value.

Borrowing from the Mustang GT, the Performance Package includes numerous suspension, braking and body stiffening upgrades to deliver unparalleled handling performance. That road-holding is helped by a near-equal front/rear weight distribution, providing exceptional transient response along with the cars slimmed-down curb weight of less than 3,500 pounds.
2011 Mustang Performance Package upgrades include:
  • A 3.31 rear axle ratio for quicker off-the-line acceleration
  • Mustang GT coupe front and rear stabilizer bars
  • Mustang GT front struts and rear shocks/springs
  • Shelby GT500 rear lower control arm
  • Unique 19-inch wheels
  • Pirelli performance tires for improved grip
  • Mustang GT front and rear brake calipers with Performance Friction pads
  • A strut tower brace for increased body rigidity
  • Unique electronic stability control calibration with Sport mode for performance driving
  • Unique badging
The 2011 Mustang V-6 Performance Package will be available beginning late next summer, built at the Auto Alliance International Plant in Flat Rock, Mich. The new 3.7-liter V-6 will be built at Fords retooled Cleveland Engine Plant No. 1.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome